My Sweet Littlebit

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got Littlebit my senior year of high school which was in 2003. My mom wanted me to go check on my aunt because she wasn't answering her phone, she was vacuuming but couldn't wait to show me her kittens because she needed to find homes for them. I wasn't supposed to have Littlebit but I called and asked my dad instead of my mom long story short I ended up falling in love with this little gray kitten who wouldn't leave me alone and I loved him oh how I loved him. He had been thru a lot in his life. He had crystals during a time when many animals where getting them from bad food, he had blockages, he had PU surgery and just recently a kidney infection and he decided it was time to say goodbye. I'll miss him so much.....I already do everywhere I look I see him or i'm waiting to hear his footsteps down the hall. He was my best friend and I'll never ever forget him. Before he passed away, I told him he was a good boy, the best kitty in the world and everything would be ok he had done a good job but honestly i'm not sure if everything will be ok....I just wanted him to know how loved he was.

Thank everyone who reads this, who is a part of this board, who has tried to offer help, condolences, and care.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy. I was tearing up as I read this because I remember that feeling of not being sure it would be okay. But I want to reasure you that it will be okay and Littlebit certainly knew how much you loved him. He'll be in good company at the bridge. RIP sweet Littlebit :rbheart:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Littlebit. You saw him through so much medically and took excellent care of him. He was one lucky cat to have found you. I am sure that he knew how loved he was for all of his years with you.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend and companion. You're right. Everything will be ok. He made it to the bridge in the blink of an eye and he will watch over you, his beloved best friend until the time comes when you are together again.

You're going to be ok too. He will always be in your heart and you are forever in his. We are here if you need us.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for sharing all of that. You know what? Littlebit says it is OK - because he is not suffering, and he left knowing that you did all you could for him.

He waited to be with you to pass; he blissfully went to sleep being where he wanted to be when the time came. It can't stop your hurting, but it can help your healing to know that he got to be with you and that let him feel it was OK to leave you - in body, not in spirit.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your precious kitty. You have given him the best life that you possibly could offer, and for that I am sure he is eternally grateful. Be strong, and I assure you even if it sores so bad now it will be better in the next few days, weeks or months. And you will be remembering him with more of a smile than of sad tears.

Hang in there.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did so much for LittleBit and he was given many years of joy & love because of it. He has rejoined our Creator, the ancestors and those yet to be born. Your TCS family is here to support you in your journey of grief & healing. And do not be surprised if another kitty or two in need enters your life - sometimes the only way to fill a cat-shaped hole in your heart is with a cat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you genlte, Littlebit, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

It will be easier with time, but we do not "get over," we "get through." One day, someday, the sweet memories will be sharper and clearer than these last ones. I promise you that. Until then, you just hang in and do your best.

This is the deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. And Littlebit, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, sends his Love back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although he now follows a different route, his journey will always continue to parallel your own life's path. Love does not just disappear, it is spiritual, so eternal. The 'essence' that made up who he was will be joined to your spirit forevermore by the strong bond of love you built for so many years. He lives on through you now, will share your tears and your joys, so go forward into your future and live it like you would have wanted for him to go on if you were the first to go. Seeking life's happiness and loving every second of life as much as he did. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, life is too precious to spend in sadness. Of course, you must mourn and miss that sweet boy, he was a big presence in your life. To love and mourn someone after death is an honor, and he thanks you for bestowing this one upon him.
He will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers now, so ask him to send what comfort he can and he will send strength to help you through this. Time is the only thing that truly helps, keep putting one foot in front of the other and know the world will keep on going, though your world has stopped for a while. One day you will see the sun rise after a long cold night, and know your boy is safe and protected, that you shared something that not everyone experiences, the gift of a cat' love.......RIP dear Littlebit. You will forever be missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't add much more than what the others have already said but he had a long life thanks to you and the wonderful care, he is fine now, just fine, no more health issues, and when you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: