My Sweet Girl Is Gone. Rest In Peace, Bijou.

BijouBlackCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is 24 hours since I had to say goodbye forever to my sweet Bijou girl. She had been very ill for a month and an ultrasound confirmed her deterioration this past week. We knew this was a likely outcome, but always held out hope for a miracle recovery.

Bijou's final day and half were spent laying on her "throne" (i.e., taking up the entire couch), with open windows near her so she could sniff the fresh air and listen to the birds outside. She enjoyed her nest of towels and a heating pad. She was peaceful but obviously struggling -- she would just occasionally wander through the apartment, too weak to walk very far without laying down. She would try to drink water but could only manage to hang her head over the very surface and never actually lick it up.

We spent all day sitting across from her, just looking at her and trying to soak in her presence. We talked to her and told her how much we love her and are thankful for her being in our lives. We gave her a million brushes with her favorite brush and she purred so much.

By the time her appointment rolled around she was obviously so, so tired and ready to sleep forever. We packed her up with a her blanket and her favorite brush and said a prayer for her. It was over very quickly and peacefully. We had lots of time to say goodbye to our sweet little girl before and after she passed away.

We miss our girl so much. Every where we look there is a reminder. Her food and water bowls are still out. I expect to see her around every corner. I think that I will look down at the floor as I type this and she'll be there looking up and trying to jump in my lap.

She was my baby for the last 15 years. My grandma rescued her as a stray when I was 11 years old...I'm 25 now. My boyfriend and I officially adopted her when we moved away for school and she's been "ours" for the last 4 years. I've practically had her my entire life and it feels so strange and sad to think that she is really, really gone.

I love you so much, sweet Bijou.
You are truly a jewel and will always be in my heart.
:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:
BijouChair.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, but you gave her a great life and she is at peace now, but it still hurts so badly when their time is up. I hope that someday you will think of giving another in need the love and home that you gave her.

Rest in peace sweetheart, you are beautiful. May your heart heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was in your life for so many years, your confidant, your friend, a furry family member that stole your heart. Bijou is following a new path now, secure in knowing that your boyfriend will help you through her absence, though the emptiness that is left behind when they go is overwhelming at times. She lived with you for most of your life, your souls are intertwined and the bond of love you two forged over the years can never be taken from you, it is spiritual, so eternal. She had everything she ever wanted because she had you. You gave her a good life and she gave you her heart. Us your precious memories to bring you comfort, she would never want you to be sad because of her. You would want her to love and be happy again if you were the first to go, she could want no less for the one she loves above all else.
Help yourself to feel a little better by performing good deeds in her name. Donate food and litter to a food pantry or your local shelter, play with the kittens there that so desperately need someone to care. And when the time is right, open your heart to another little love, she left you a legacy of love that she would like you to share because a broken heart mends fully when the void is filled.
My heart goes out to you, I know teh pain of losing someone so close. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself.......RIP beautiful Bijou, you will never be forgotten and will forever more dwell in a loving heart that misses you so very much. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my daughter less then 2 hours ago. So I know exactly what your going through. Your Bijou has left you temporarily but you will be with her again one day. Until then she is in a wonderful place where she is living life. Cherish her memory, grieve since it will help you cope with her loss and most importantly honor her memory. Even now there is a wonderful baby out there just waiting for your love. Nothing would make Bijou happier then to look down and see that another cat is getting a wonderful and dedicated parent such as yourself.

When the time is right and you have healed, go out and find that baby that's waiting for you. Your Bijou is irreplaceable but I always say that its best to keep our babies very close to our hearts but out of our minds. Sometimes that's the only way to lessen the fact that they are not here on this earth with us anymore. Finding another baby to love will help you do just that.

I'm sure that as I type this my little Mew Mew is having a meet and greet with all the other babies that just made it to heaven including your baby. There they will play, be happy and then one day run up to greet us when we make the ultimate journey to their side. Until then my thoughts and payers are with you and Bijou.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you showed her love to the end, and I am certain that comforted her as she left on her next journey. I wish I could say more to take away the pain and grief you and your boyfriend are feeling; but no words can can heal a broken heart when a loved friend passes. I am sorry for your loss

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bijou, dream you deep. You were, and are, so very loved.

My heart is with yours.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She certainly looks like a precious Bijou! So sorry for your loss :hugs::redheartpump: Our condolences.

I had my Jack Russel for the same length of time as you - I got her when I was 10 years old and she passed away when I was 25. She went through everything with me; elementary, high school and university, heartbreaks and stresses, surgeries, illnesses and family losses, joys and milestones, moving between different provinces and towns together. And so forth and so forth. I can understand how difficult it is.

So clad to hear she had a lovely life. She will be with you in spirit, all while also enjoy unlimited treats, angel hugs and couches while she happily waits until you guys meet again.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a sweet little girl. I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's never easy and doubly hard when they've been a cherished part of your life for so long. RIP, little Bijou. :rbheart: