My sweet boy is gone

Jen7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My darling moggy, Oxley, is gone. He fought a tough battle to the end. I was so worried about letting him go too early when he still had the will to live, but on Monday night he let us know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was ready. The next day, he crossed the rainbow bridge surrounded by his loved ones at home. I miss him so, so much. Every little thing reminds me of him. There is so much I'd like to say, but my heart is bursting and it's just too much for me. I'd like to thank the TCS community for being such a great source of support and prayers during his final months.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so, so difficult, I know. Praying comfort for you during this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been 1 1/2 weeks since my sweet Oxley died. We wanted to get away from everything for a while, so we took a short trip to Bali, which is pretty near our country. On the 1 week anniversary since his death, we decided to go some place nice for dinner to celebrate his life and make a toast to him. My nickname for him was "Yama" ( mountain in Japanese), but it means different things in different cultures and languages. There were a few meditative songs playing on a loop in the background at the restaurant we chose, and one of the songs had a phrase that had " Yama" in it and just kept repeating itself over and over again. I know most will take it as mere coincidence, but I chose to take it as a sign that he's watching over us.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oxley is watching over you wombat, it is a sign of oxley even though its through a song , music is spiritual. I beleive it is oxley as i had numerous signs and sightings myself. Some people say its a coincidence but some things i have experienced are things that i cannot explain. May other members on this site had some experiences which are similar. Take comfort in know ing that oxley loves you and he is an angel in heaven who is around you and is watching you through your grief and is helping you by letting you know that he is around always. :grouphug::catrub::petcat:

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dear moggy, Oxley, passed almost 3 months ago. I think about him everyday. He was such a blessing to our lives. We had a memorial service for him 2 weeks after he passed, and it was a beautiful service. Up till now, I always wait for my mum or sister to come home first before coming home because the house seems so empty.
I've also been missing The Cat Site. You guys were such a great source of support when he was here, and during his illness. The world needs more people like you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've also been missing The Cat Site. You guys were such a great source of support when he was here, and during his illness. The world needs more people like you.
Grief is a difficult process, one that is different for each of us. I understand your moggy's loss and can appreciate what you're going through. :hugs: We're still here whenever you need us, our support is endless and ongoing.:grouphug:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is so much I'd like to say, but my heart is bursting and it's just too much for me. I'd like to thank the TCS community for being such a great source of support and prayers during his final months.
I know that your heart is bursting, it aches, I know that.
My heart aches too, and I feel a lump in my throat every time I read a post of a cat who is gone to a better place.
Your Oxley fought a hard battle, but now he's at peace and can rest till the two of you will meet again.
RIP sweet Oxley, you'll be missed!

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was my birthday. We went to a restaurant and I was lamenting the fact that my sweet moggy wasn't here to celebrate my birthday with me, and just reminiscing. Halfway through the meal my cousin came to tell me there was a ginger cat (Oxley was a ginger too) at the entrance of the restaurant. Turns out the staff have been feeding her around that time and she comes around that time every night. If my cousin hadn't gone to the entrance for some random reason, we would've missed her. I'd like to think it's Oxley's own way of sending a sign on my birthday to me.

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This Wednesday marked 6 months since Oxley crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge. We think about him everyday and reminisce about his little antics almost everyday. He will be in our hearts always.

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We just crossed the 7 month mark of Oxley, my darling moggy, crossing the Rainbow Bridge. I miss him more than ever now. I didn't realise time sometimes makes one miss a loved one even more. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. I am sad but thankful he left so many wonderful memories behind.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say I'm very glad you had this time with your precious boy and I know how time does not heal really. I miss my boy, Boo, who died in '08 and when I think of him I tear up still 12 yrs later. So I just wanted to say thank you for posting and sharing his memory again with us all. We all grieve when any of our babies here pass away. I know there is NEVER enough time with them.

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, movinintime!
I just wanted to say I'm very glad you had this time with your precious boy and I know how time does not heal really. I miss my boy, Boo, who died in '08 and when I think of him I tear up still 12 yrs later. So I just wanted to say thank you for posting and sharing his memory again with us all. We all grieve when any of our babies here pass away. I know there is NEVER enough time with them.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are very welcome. I know the feeling too well and it is never going away.

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been 9 long months since my dearest moggy Oxley passed away. I can't believe I've been apart from him for so long. Not a day goes by without me thinking of him. I'm glad I have so many wonderful memories of him, but sometimes I wish I could go to the Rainbow Bridge in my dreams and give him one more hug :'(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too. When they leave us, it instills a longing that really never goes away. It teaches us to live each and every day to the fullest, or it should anyway. To appreciate the loved ones still with us. Over time though, we become complacent once more. We all need to work at enjoying the simple things, a warm cat in your lap, a gorgeous sunset, the taste of the first garden-grown tomato......