My Sweet Baby Boy

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost my sweet baby boy Tiger 2 days ago and my heart is shredded. He was 10 and, I thought, healthy. He was fine one minute then just died suddenly, no warning. He had been his normal self all morning and then just gone. The vet did an autopsy and found he had a bad heart. He never showed any symptoms and was just at the vet for a checkup a month ago. I am heartbroken and can't believe my baby boy is gone. I have two other cats and now I'm terrified the same thing will happen to them. I've had other cats pass away over the years but this is the first one that was totally unexpected. I am so sad and I just needed to tell someone who would understand.
Tiger9.07 1.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tiger, dream you deep. Your pawprints are forever on someone's heart.

I am so sorry you have lost your boy, and so suddenly. But...what a kind and gentle death, to be here, and then not, no illness, no pain, no suffering, just...gone on, gone ahead. I know right now the thought of losing another kitty like that is terrifying, but some day, one day, his kind passing may actually be of comfort to you. We are never vouchsafed tomorrow, so we must treasure our todays. Tiger knew he was loved, every day of his life. His only regret would be your sorrow. And this I know...Love NEVER EVER dies. It only changes form. His love is still with you, and will remain.

Yes, we understand here. For many of us, older and living with only our cats, they are our very hearts. At the least, they are beloved family members. We grieve with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. I am so thankful for the short time Tiger shared his life with me, I only wish it could have been longer. He will always be my baby boy.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your sudden loss, sometimes bad things like this just happen for reasons that we never will know. That is one reason that I give my baby boy and all our others GNC cat vitamins and the fish oils, to keep them healthy as best I can, I think it is working as they all seem in very good shape.

I am sorry that you lost your baby boy, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sudden loss like this is traumatic, you are in no way prepared to say goodbye. An undiagnosed heart problem can definitely contribute to something like this, and although he left you way too young, it is a blessing that he didn't linger for months while suffering. Heart problems can be tolerated for years, and are not diagnosed very often in a seemingly healthy cat. Sometimes the only indication is a cough from the irregular rhythm. If you are worried about your other two, a simple, inexpensive X-ray can diagnose an enlarged heart, and may bring you peace. The chances of this happening again are very slim.
I know it is almost impossible right now to feel any joy in life while you are grieving, but please try to remember that is all that sweet boy wants for you, the one he loved above all else. You gave him ten years of love and a wonderful home, for that he is eternally grateful. In return he gave you wonderful memories to bring you comfort, and his heart to bond with your soul for eternity. He would never want you to be so sad because of him. Celebrate having him in your life for that ten years, he shared your life's path for a while, and although his is along a different one now, it will always follow yours. Take care, my heart goes out to you. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself......RIP beautiful Tiger, you will be forever held in a loving heart, goodnight, sleep tight, little one!

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your words of comfort. Especially since I know you are hurting too right now. I read your posts on Burt and I am so sorry for your loss. Cats have a way of coming into our lives and just taking completely over. I can't imagine a life without a cat. I know there is not a part of my life that Tiger didn't touch and I'm sure it was the same with your Burt. My other two cats have been looking for him for the last couple of days and I think they feel my sadness and have been trying to comfort to me. As much as it hurts to lose my baby boy I would never trade the 10 years I had with Tiger.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry Kitty Mommy Kitty Mommy for the loss of your Tiger. I hadn't seen this till after I replied to you in the other post. I had no idea. He was a beautiful boy. I can't say much more then has already been said. Take comfort in knowing you gave him a good life and he knew he was loved. At least he didn't suffer through a long drawn out illness. I know that doesn't make it any easier but maybe some comfort in that. I went through this recently and it's never easy.

I don't think you need to worry about the same thing happening to your other cats. I'm sure the chances are slim but you could have x-rays or ultra sounds done to ease your mind. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May your heart heal a little more everyday. R.I.P. baby boy Tiger.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your thoughts. I am very grateful that he didn't suffer. I would much rather feel this loss than for him to have been in pain. It will take a long time to fully accept that he is gone. I'm so glad I found this site. Talking about him with others has helped me feel a little better although I'm still bursting into tears multiple times a day. I hope that your heart finds healing as well after the loss of your beloved Tama.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences to you and your other kitties, on losing your baby boy Tiger. A sudden loss like that jolts you to your very core - I know only too well because one night I was driving back from Southern California (a CA turn-around of 700 mi round trip) so my dad was waiting up for me. A 100 miles from home, I called him and he was fine, hanging out with his cats and wolf-dog, under the stars. 2 hours later, he was in his lawn chair, gone, no struggle, with the pets keeping vigil. I am glad that the vet let you know what went wrong - it will help with closure. Like my dad, Tiger "went with his boots on". Tiger left too soon, only 10 years old, and I sympathize with your sad heart. For me, I take comfort knowing that our loved ones have returned to the ancestors, among those yet to be born, part of something greater than we recall. Rest in Peace, sweet Tiger.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, the vets office called today and my baby boy is being cremated tomorrow. I had to pick out an urn for him. That was hard and I started crying all over again. I was originally going to bury his ashes but decided that I want to keep them with me for now. Maybe keeping him close to me for awhile will help. Thank you everyone who has responded to my post with your kind words. It has helped start the healing process for me.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did the same thing when I lost Tama and picked out his urn. I got an urn I could put a picture in and keep him on the end table where he would lay when we were watching TV. It some how made me feel closer to him. It'll be hard when you go to pick up the urn too. It was for me. Hang in there! I know you know it gets easier with time.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty Mommy Kitty Mommy ,
it must be devastating to lose a cat this way, without a warning, without being prepared to that.
Your Tiger was very very beautiful, those spots on his coat are wonderful.
Over here we all know what losing a pet feels like. Generally those who read this forum have gone through this before.
You are in the right place to tell what you feel, to cry and feel helpless, because we all felt the same before.
You're not alone. We're here to listen to you and give you support.
RIP Tiger, you were so much loved and left a big empty space in the heart of those who had the privilege of knowing you.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 thank you so much for your thoughts and understanding. This forum has helped me a lot and I am so glad I found it.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did the same thing when I lost Tama and picked out his urn. I got an urn I could put a picture in and keep him on the end table where he would lay when we were watching TV. It some how made me feel closer to him. It'll be hard when you go to pick up the urn too. It was for me. Hang in there! I know you know it gets easier with time.
Thanks Sabian. I know it will get better eventually.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet looking boy. I am so very sorry for your loss and for the shock of it. Focus on how he did leave suddenly. That can be a good thing. You won't ever see him suffer. In the meantime, cry, cry, cry. It really will help. Sending you hugs and wishes that your memories will be sweet and bring you needed peace.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@blueyegirl5946 thank you so much for your comments. I am thankful that he did not suffer a long illness.