My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I just found this on Pinterest. I thought it was nice! 

It has taken me more than a few minutes to write this post due to the emotion that I emitted  from reading this beautiful poem. There are tears on my face as I reply to this. This is meant for all of us who have watched our babies graduate to the Bridge. I know you got this from Pinterest, but thank you so much AngelsMommy, for sharing this with us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Dennis47, &@Zed Xyzed, Thank you so much, I thought it was nice too.  I've been on Pinterest a lot lately, I think it's a nice distraction, kind of relaxing, just looking at everything.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I go on it a lot. Amazing what you can find there. But that was just beautiful. **BIG HUG TO YOU!!!**
Yea, I have so many boards now, Home decor, furniture ideas, photography (of course), animals/mostly kitties, trees, etc....& more.

Thank you, 
 to you too!!

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm taking it day by day.  I hope things are better with your kitties. Is Sebastian ok?  
You're welcome. 
  These past few weeks have been difficult with Sebastian. Not sure where we're headed, but I am also taking it day-by-day. 

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

OMG, Kelly, I am just now reading that Angel lost his battle with the cancer.  I am SO, SO sorry 
.  But what an amazing support group  you have.  And I love the scrapbook you are putting together.  So far all the pictures are fabulous, but I guess it helps that the model was such a handsome guy 

I actually came to this forum today to write about Callie when I saw your thread, and now I need to tell YOU about Callie, and her predecessor, since when we lost her predecessor, my husband said he could never, ever adopt another cat, because it was just too painful to lose them. 

Approximately 15 years ago we lost Miss Point.  She and DH had a special relationship because I was working tons of hours and DH had a different work schedule where he was home most of the time.  When she died he was deeply affected to the point, as I mentioned, where he simply could not bear any more pain.  Finally, about six months after her death, he could see that I really wanted another cat, so one day he drove us over to Petsmart when they were having adoption day and told me to go inside and find a cat.  He couldn't even go in with me to look at them.  I was hesitant since he wouldn't even look with me, but I did it, and came back out with Callie
.   Well, long story short, he fell head over heels in love with her, and she with him.  They were a team.  I was nothing to her except her meal preparer and server.  Those two became inseparable.

So....there is plenty of room in your heart to love again...when the time is right.  Everyone is telling you this, and it IS true.  You will never, ever forget Angel.  He will always be there in your heart.  Possibly beside another cat, maybe two more, maybe 6 more as the years go by.  I still remember and think of the wonderful memories of my first cat, who has been gone now for 30 years.  And I also, naturally, think of my soul cat, whose been gone for almost 4 years.  But when I think of him now, it's not with sad tears, but with a slight smile as I think of the way he made me laugh, or the way he made my heart "sing".  
Mrs Greeenjeans==I LOVE your stories about your beloved cats.  Soul Cats=That is the greatest term for them. I had one when I was 16 years old-She lived to be 12 which was great for an outdoor barn kitty.  She was VERY VERY smart!!  She used to like to go for motorcycle rides with me.  When she heard it start up and all she would jump up on the gas tank and wait until I wrapped her around my neck and took off==Had to go slow because she didnt like too much wind in her ears but she LOVED it.  She was hit by a neighbor boys truck who was obnoxious=Mother heard his truck go by really fast and a few minutes later I came home and saw her lying in the ditch.  There were swerve marks where he swerved to hit her.  She always watched for cars.  She would sit in the ditch and wait.  The tire tracks came down off the road toward her.  She was the most wonderful soul cat for me.  I cant believe someone would do that.  I miss her still because she was my childhood friend. 

Yes Kelly=There will be another kitty someday!!  You will know when the time is right.  Just dont wait too long.  You have so much love to give and there are so many kitties who need it. 

:-)

Darla

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You're welcome. 
  These past few weeks have been difficult with Sebastian. Not sure where we're headed, but I am also taking it day-by-day. 
Do you have a thread following what's going on? If so, let me know, so I can follow along.  Yes, day, by day,&  prayer, by prayer.......  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@dmk129  ,  Thank you.  It will be a while though. I don't think I'll be ready for some time. Angel spoiled me.   Especially being my first.  He was such a docile sweet boy.

I could pick him up under the arms like a baby, & hold him close to me, (I called it our belly to belly hug, LOL)   ...but only for a short time, he was also "Mr. Independant!"  

He didn't jump up on counters, tables, or anything like that, He really was a good boy! I don't know what I'd do w/ a kitty that did those things. 

Today, the house I was at were clients who have a big English Cream Retriever, & an orange cat. The kitty was sleeping on their son's pillow, so when I got in there & saw him, I had to give him some loven's. It made me miss my baby. I also got some love from the dog Max as well. He's a big sweetie!!!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I almost forgot!  Today after work, I went to get some groceries, & saw these, so I had to get some. Only 4.00 for a small doz.!   They are one of my favorites. Orange roses. (purple too, but those aren't as common to find).   I wanted to get something anyway, because I just threw out the ones my dad gave me on ....that day.

Oh, that little blue feather ball is what I found under the chair when I was cleaning last week. So I just sat it up there too.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Those roses are beautiful. And they match Angel's coat, too.  I'm glad you got some cat loving time in today.  And dog love, as well.  That's such a nice space you have for Angel. He was a very special boy.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those roses are beautiful. And they match Angel's coat, too.  I'm glad you got some cat loving time in today.  And dog love, as well.  That's such a nice space you have for Angel. He was a very special boy.  

Thanks Margd. I have looked at some urns online, & bookmarked some, but don't think I've found the right one yet. I wonder if I will ever find one that seems right. I will keep looking from time to time to find one.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of Angel's passing. My heart goes out to you.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Do you have a thread following what's going on? If so, let me know, so I can follow along.  Yes, day, by day,&  prayer, by prayer.......  
No, I do not. But thank you for your concern. Many hugs to you. 
Sending vibes for Sebastian.  He reminds me so much of Tinky...they could be brothers.

(Kelly, sorry for the temporary thread hi-jack)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so thrilled to show you guys, I got my print I had matted & framed back today!  

Here it is, The outer brown one is kind of a brownish gold. I forgot it had that in it. It's a fabric, & fits, since the print is of a fabric art piece. 

This is where I hung it, but that may change, not sure yet. I've been looking at urns, & think I finally decided on one. So, depending on what shelf that goes on, etc...(Prob. the shelf all the cards are on now).

And, as you can see the rod above the doorway there is still empty. Ever since I totally changed up my colors , painted, & got the new furniture. I did finally find some fabric that will work there,

color & weight wise.  

Found it at Hobby Lobby as well. It''s 19.00 a yard though, so will definitely be using a coupon when I do get it!! (because I need almost 3 yards!)  I just keep it swagged back w/ a tie of fixture. It softens the large doorway, & will hid the 'fridge a little from being so close to the doorway. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
That's really beautiful - the frame is perfect for it.  The fabric swatch you show is a terrific color, too.  It will go make the print just "pop" off the wall.   I really like the idea of showcasing the print - it's so unusual.  And of course, it's a reminder of dear Angel.