My stubborn cat

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an angorra cat since he was 15days ,he's 3yo now .he eats only dry food sometimes sardines or liver i tried to change his habit so many times but he would starve himself.. so they told me that it's unhealthy i tried again but he refused everything even dry food homemade so should i give up and give him what he wants
Ps: he drinks water a lot also there's no problem with his peeing
Thank you 😊

kateallen

Minister of Meow
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try to feed him a few hours before bedtime and then remove all the dry kibble from his reach for the night. And then in the next morning, fill his bowl with wet food and put it in the usual place. Check if the cat touches his food after a while. If not, then put it somewhere out of his reach and return the bowl to him in a few hours. Repeat the operation, but remember that you shouldn’t leave your pet hungry for more than one day, due to the risk of developing hepatic lipidosis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can try to feed him a few hours before bedtime and then remove all the dry kibble from his reach for the night. And then in the next morning, fill his bowl with wet food and put it in the usual place. Check if the cat touches his food after a while. If not, then put it somewhere out of his reach and return the bowl to him in a few hours. Repeat the operation, but remember that you shouldn’t leave your pet hungry for more than one day, due to the risk of developing hepatic lipidosis.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Commercial dry cat food is fine if that's all your cat will eat. I would not offer "homemade dry food" (how are you doing that?) because most likely it is not nutritionally balanced. Limit sardines and live to occasional treats. Too much liver can cause vitamin A toxicity in cats. Too much fish can cause urinary issues in some cats plus some cats get addicted to eating fish. Plain fish or meat or organs are not nutritionally balanced as well.

Try to include canned cat food in the diet. Try different brands and flavors. Here's tips on how to transition a cat to other foods: Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food – TheCatSite Articles

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Homemade dry food is chicken carrot 1cas olive oil and lil bit of flour
Thank you for the help i'll try to even tho he hates canned food too. Have a nice day!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade dry food is chicken carrot 1cas olive oil and lil bit of flour
Thank you for the help i'll try to even tho he hates canned food too. Have a nice day!

That's not a complete balanced diet for cats so please don't feed the homemade dry food. Regular commercial dry food is just fine. What brands of dry food do you have available where you live?

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for letting me know that ..We have happy cat/ friskies and simba and he loves Simba

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They look like Italian brands of food?

Antonio65 Antonio65 would know of any other good brands available in Italy.

The Simba dry cat food has cereal (grains) as the first ingredient. Happy Cat has poultry protein as the first ingredient which is better.

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ My cats like steamed chicken. Regardless what your kitty eats he is lucky to have a nice home and you caring for him. Happy cats are more important than most things we worry about. ;)💕:lovecat2:

abir_ar_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
~ My cats like steamed chicken. Regardless what your kitty eats he is lucky to have a nice home and you caring for him. Happy cats are more important than most things we worry about. ;)💕:lovecat2:
Aw what a beautiful comment 🥺 thank you . I'm lucky to have him tho lol 💕 .. and ur cats have a good taste healthy food 😻

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like Italian brands of food?

[/URL]
[/URL]

Antonio65 Antonio65 would know of any other good brands available in Italy.

The Simba dry cat food has cereal (grains) as the first ingredient. Happy Cat has poultry protein as the first ingredient which is better.
Happy Cat is a German brand, it is probably available in many countries. I can find it in a particular chain of stores, I bought a 10 kg sack once for my colony, but they didn't appreciate it much, and the same happened to the lady who runs the local shelter.
Friskies is a brand of Purina, it is known with different names in other countries, for instance it is Go-Cat in the British Isles.
Monge is an Italian brand, manufactured less than 30 miles from where I live. It is considered a good-to-high quality brand, though I wouldn't say it is a premium brand and, as far as I remember, I never used it.

There are more Italian premium brands, but I'm unsure that OP is from my area.