My stray cat is pregnant, is she close to delivering? What precautions should i take

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there . Mystray - outdoor cat is pregnant, who used to be feral, but now she really likes me and also shows her belly , sits on my lap etc but i am not really sure if she will allow me to touch her babies abd when will she actually have them, i think its the 6th or 7th week depending from what i red on google, i'll upload some photos of her in the replied threads. Can you guys please help me to know an average date?

There are her pics, one of her nipple and also today i noticed a yellow liquid leak from her "back organ" couldnt get the perfect photo but i think it is enlarged

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you dont know the exact occasion when she mated, its not easy to pinpoint the probable delivery week. Some time table: Teats gets darker rosy about 21 days pregnancy... And 2-3 weeks before expected delivery, you will notice kittens move... I think she is rather late in the pregnancy... Expect to feel kittens move any day... Most high pregs are just happy for some belly rubs, so its not that difficult.

I presume she will you handle the kittens. But be sure she see what you are doing. So when you weight them, do it nearby her. Have a cloth on the scale, so its nice for the kittens, so they wont protest becaule its unpleasant...

Its also quite probabel she will wish you to be near, and also, do baby sit kittens when she goes off to strech her legs...

Ps; dont let her outside any more.... And rembember, cats arent protected by nursing from new pregnancies AND she may come into new heat already one week after delivery....

Read on, prepare, and Good luck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: You have already received excellent advice. Definitely indoors is best. Also, she should be on kitten food with extra calcium to encourage successful labor while she is growing kittens inside of her. And I would love to see pictures of her because her coat looks beautiful, especially in the view of her sides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh today for sure :)
Ps. Please give us a couple of good photos of her head and sides... Her coloring and pattern seems interesting... :)

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:yeah: You have already received excellent advice. Definitely indoors is best. Also, she should be on kitten food with extra calcium to encourage successful labor while she is growing kittens inside of her. And I would love to see pictures of her because her coat looks beautiful, especially in the view of her sides.
Thank you so much!

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ - please bring her 100% inside so she has the kittens inside. It is safer for both her and her kittens, and they will not turn feral. Mom will need to be spayed once her kittens wean, and they will need good homes.

Here are helpful links:
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Actually there are some family problems with bringing her in, but i have built many warm places for her to stay. Also i dont knw her exact breed but she seems a lot more furry then my other strays.

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you dont know the exact occasion when she mated, its not easy to pinpoint the probable delivery week. Some time table: Teats gets darker rosy about 21 days pregnancy... And 2-3 weeks before expected delivery, you will notice kittens move... I think she is rather late in the pregnancy... Expect to feel kittens move any day... Most high pregs are just happy for some belly rubs, so its not that difficult.

I presume she will you handle the kittens. But be sure she see what you are doing. So when you weight them, do it nearby her. Have a cloth on the scale, so its nice for the kittens, so they wont protest becaule its unpleasant...

Its also quite probabel she will wish you to be near, and also, do baby sit kittens when she goes off to strech her legs...

Ps; dont let her outside any more.... And rembember, cats arent protected by nursing from new pregnancies AND she may come into new heat already one week after delivery....

Read on, prepare, and Good luck!
Ohh ok... Thank youu so much!
So her belly has started to hung around yestersay and gotten a lot more round. And i dont think her nips will get too rosed as she from the beginning has really whiteish ones.
She loves the belly rubs!

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ - please bring her 100% inside so she has the kittens inside. It is safer for both her and her kittens, and they will not turn feral. Mom will need to be spayed once her kittens wean, and they will need good homes.

Here are helpful links:
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! – TheCatSite Articles

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

Best of luck and keep us posted!
Thank you!

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I give her some dry, and twice a day whiskas wet chicken food for kittens

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, and also she gets a lot of waves while rubbing her belly

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HHe
Ps. Please give us a couple of good photos of her head and sides... Her coloring and pattern seems interesting... :)
here you goo :
Oh and just right now like today i noticed this small little hole in her vaginal area

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for the pics! A little peculiar pattern with these mins small spots, and this nuance of grey... But I think she shall be seen as a ticked tabby, ie we pretend she is without any visible pattern on her sides and back... And she seems to be a little reddish on the back... It MAY be a warm brown coloring, quite common with brown / black tabbies, but I think is red.... Ie she is a torie... Tortie + tabby is often called for torbie...

What is the color of her eyes? Torties have relatively often green eyes - its no proof this way or another, but they are more often green than with
an average domestic cat...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. Whiskas dry food hasnt the best reputation, BUT Whiskas wet food is better, even OK... And as you give her the kitten variation, it should be entirely OK.

Goats milk is usually a good supplement too, and its cheaper than kmr; ie kitten mothermilk replacement.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. What country do you live in? Are cats with this here looks common there?

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ps. Whiskas dry food hasnt the best reputation, BUT Whiskas wet food is better, even OK... And as you give her the kitten variation, it should be entirely OK.

Goats milk is usually a good supplement too, and its cheaper than kmr; ie kitten mothermilk replacement.
Oh no the dry food isnt whiskas

jaimeet11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ps. What country do you live in? Are cats with this here looks common there?
India, i dont think many but yes there are cats like these , i have teo more cats here with a kitten too, i found the little guy outside alone and rescued him with no signs of his mom .
One of the larger ones is also the one who made her prego i think 😂