my special feline pal

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've known this guy for around 6-7 years. He's a stray who hangs out at a HUGE park facing the sea. Yup, he's got a piece of prime real estate there. He gets peace around 5 days a week on the weekdays when everyone's working. It only gets crowded during weekends, and he'll normally disappear into the forests. I hope this guy lives a long, happy life. He's a real sweetheart who's very affectionate to me even though I almost never offer him food. I recently went down to visit him and took nearly 100 pix. Here are some favourites:

Enjoying a head-scratch

Its a full-blown spa treatment now!

"Oh so this is what cars look like on the inside... I'm more familiar with the underside..."

"Hey whatcha doin there? Come scratch my back!"

Enjoying the warmth on my car

"I bought this land 10 years ago. You can't really get quality like that at such a low price anymore, y'know..."

Paws
Love his stripes.

Being himself - handsome

"You're leaving already?"

Seeya soon, my handsome pal!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! What a handsome fella. He looks like he gets enough to eat. He's not thin. And his ear looks tipped, as in trap-neuter-return.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Awwww! What a handsome fella. He looks like he gets enough to eat. He's not thin. And his ear looks tipped, as in trap-neuter-return.
Yep he was TNR'ed by a kind lady who feeds him... and apparently she feeds him A LOT!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a handsome little man! He looks well taken care of

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are AWESOME pictures BabyWukong and he sure loves you. I bet he waits to see you then gets real excited

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous, I would take him home
He looks like he has some abysinnian in him, really handsome. xx

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

He is gorgeous, I would take him home
He looks like he has some abysinnian in him, really handsome. xx
I have noticed that a lot of the cats in Baby Wukong's part of the world have ticked fur - from the ones she had rescued and fostered previously. I want to saaaayyy.... Malaysia??? BW - where do you call home right now? Can't exactly remember....

Just like it seems that Momto4kitties -who lives in Puerto Rico - seems to save a lot of Siamese looking street cats.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Fastnoc, nope he doesn't really wait for me because I don't go there very often, but when he sees me walk toward him he'll meow a greeting in that unique scratchy voice of his. His voice sounds like he's perpetually got a really bad sore throat
He's amazing, I don't see him for months at a stretch and he's still always so happy to see me. Makes me feel bad for not going often.

Ruthyb, I wish I could take em all home! Though in this boy's case, I have an odd feeling he's happier left where he is. He's a real independent spirit.

AddieBee, I'm in Singapore! Your guess of Malaysia wasn't so far away =) Cats with ticked fur are extremely common here, though I'm not sure why. Actually, they're so common I didn't even notice it till you specifically mentioned it!

Rosiemac, yup he's definitely a handsome one. He used to be a lot slimmer. The park where he lives now is up a hill, quite a long way to walk... and when I first met him, he used to walk all the way down the hill early in the morning at around 6 AM, and come back up the hill to spend the night at the park. Now I can find him at the park at all times of the day, so its safe to say he doesn't do that anymore. As a result of that, and I'm pretty sure, overfeeding, he's gotten round.

c1atsite, I totally agree. He scares the beans out of people when he glares at them, but he's a real softie inside. He can't help that he looks so MEAN. And that scratchy meow that he has can also be intimidating to those who don't know him. Its good I guess, to scare away those who intend to hurt him.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's actually a very good looking cat and looks very healthy for a street cat.
You captured him very well in your photos!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

He's actually a very good looking cat and looks very healthy for a street cat.
You captured him very well in your photos!
He'll be very pleased to know he's appreciated! I can't take all the credit for the pix though, my friend took most of them while I was busy fussing over him