My sister’s kitty Bixby—any idea what his breed is?

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’ve been cat-sitting for my sis, and curious as to what his breed or mix is.

His fur is super super fine, and wispy, and prone to matting. It almost looks like down feather it’s so fine. He’s very chatty, and chirps a lot. He’s also got a very sweet, laid back temperament. He doesn’t really resist claw trims, and lets me pick him up .

C5231FB7-31B1-4F4F-9A6A-F64E347E9D08.jpeg

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks a lot like a snowshoe, but he is probably just a pointed domestic longhair. Most cats aren't any particular breed.

He certainly is beautiful!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve been cat-sitting for my sis, and curious as to what his breed or mix is.

His fur is super super fine, and wispy, and prone to matting. It almost looks like down feather it’s so fine. He’s very chatty, and chirps a lot. He’s also got a very sweet, laid back temperament. He doesn’t really resist claw trims, and lets me pick him up .

View attachment 388635
Gorgeous kitty💕 looks rag dollish to me. Most have blue eyes. Let me do more research. How much does he weigh?

jamajessie33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a ragdoll, Snowshoe mix regardless of the breed I know that is a beautiful cat

Meowmee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is about 12 lbs!
Male ragdolls are listed as weighing 15-20lbs! Birman males weigh between 10-15 lbs on average. Here is info and a collage of him with pb ragdoll and birman cat pics.
I think StefanZ is right, he looks Birman. But still ragdollish to me too, lol. Except Birmans also have blue eyes, are his eyes blue? I can’t tell in your pics. Birmans do not appear to have any white on their mask while ragdolls can. The Birman pics I found have smaller sections of white on their paws while not all pb rd are mitted I think rd can have a white chin while Birmans don’t apparently.

Does he have an undercoat? Birmans don’t. Birmans were bred with Persians and Siamese cats after WW2 when there were only two Birman cats left apparently.

With pb rd blue point mitted cat pics
C553A9A8-3AE5-4ABF-81D4-937EFAFCDDF2.png

With pb Birman blue point pics:
DC9ACDA7-EB65-4F57-84E2-D71DBC363AB2.png

DC9ACDA7-EB65-4F57-84E2-D71DBC363AB2.png

Birman vs Ragdoll — The Little Carnivore

Ragdoll – The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc

Ragdoll - Wikipedia

Birman Cat

Birman – The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc

Last edited: