My Siamese Has Just Giving Birth And I Can't Leave

Bella2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I'm new to this can anybody help me, my Siamese cat just gave birth yesterday I was in work and I come home and she's already had two kittens, she she was still having contractions but but nothing, so I phoned the vets and they say give her an hour if she still has not had anymore to bring it in I took it into the vets, they checked her and she said they can feel 2kitten 1each side and they think they could be another one in the middle but not to sure, they told me take her home put her but in spot and leave her and hopefully all happen soon, when I got home when I left her she would leave kitten and follower me, so I had sit with her, a few hours went by then I could see something hanging out when she pushed the little 1 out it was not alive I tried for 20 mins but no joy, a hr later another 1 came all good, this was 8pm last night the last 1, I think she is all done now, but I can not leave her, if I go out my bedroom she just leaves the kittens and follows me till I go back in the room with her, help I have been sat in bedroom over 24hrs with her now so she will stay with kittens

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Best is if you can be with her... YOU are her momma. Next is to have her in a little secure room, where you can lock the door on her if you must go out. And thus, she cant follow you but must stay with her kittens.

Make sure she is comfortable in that nest, and feels as secure in there as you can think of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got her In my bedroom I got her & kittens comfortable, when I'm in room she nursing them lovely just as soon I go she just comes behind me,

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will need to close her in the room when you have to leave.

Are you a breeder? Do you have a mentor?

Bella2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I'm not a breeder, I got my princess a year half ago and we got a companion for her a few months ago he not 1 yet, I didn't know how old he had be to be done, I've booked him In for chop next week, they are missing each other Bentley downstairs and Bella up stairs, I will just have lock door when to out

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she will need to stay upstairs. All cats should be spayed and neutered by 4 months to prevent unplanned pregnancies.

When was he neutered?

Bella2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's not he is booked in this Monday,

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will need to stay away from your female for a month after the procedure. He will still be fertile.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you post a photo of Bella & kittens? Are there four kittens?

Bella2016

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a lot better now I close the door, but last nite she got in bed with me a few times, I

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s okay for mom to take short breaks.

Kittens are adorable! Are they nursing well?