My Shelter Kitty, What Breed?

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20180620_100956_869.jpg
20180620_094431.jpg
This is Maxwell, he is approx. 4 months old. I have my suspicions but would like to know what breed he looks like to the cat community. :) He's so sweet and his purr is like a muscle car, rawr!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's adorable! What a strikingly handsome kitty! With his big ears, athletic build, long legs, and overall head shape, I'm thinking that maybe he could have some Savannah in him. Of course, you couldn't prove this without a DNA test. I'm curious, can you post a picture of the back of his ears? What I'm looking for is called ocelli, a light stripe in the center of the ear, which is characteristic of the Savannah breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
I had the same thought!! He doesn't have the ocelli, but neither does my registered F4 Savannah. :)

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried to reply with pics and it did not work. My husband says maybe to the ocelli, lol. I think it just looks like tabby ears.

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! What a strikingly handsome kitty! With his big ears, athletic build, long legs, and overall head shape, I'm thinking that maybe he could have some Savannah in him. Of course, you couldn't prove this without a DNA test. I'm curious, can you post a picture of the back of his ears? What I'm looking for is called ocelli, a light stripe in the center of the ear, which is characteristic of the Savannah breed.
I tried...haha

Ceelyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow, isn't your Maxwell such a handsome boy! Only 4 months old and already so big?! He reminds me of my Neko, because he is tall with big ears as well.

Yours definitely has some Savannah blood in him! Did you adopt him ? :)

Ceelyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Double post : sorry, I didn't notice at first that you mentioned Maxwell is a rescue!

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:) he is a rescue and I think it was meant to be!! My Savannah kitty at home (10 months) is not happy with me right now but I think they will be good companions!!

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:) he is a rescue and I think it was meant to be!! My Savannah kitty at home (10 months) is not happy with me right now but I think they will be good companions!!

MavAndMax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, isn't your Maxwell such a handsome boy! Only 4 months old and already so big?! He reminds me of my Neko, because he is tall with big ears as well.

Yours definitely has some Savannah blood in him! Did you adopt him ? :)
Your Neko is a very beautiful baby!!!