My senior cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I posted in the wrong form. She used to break up fights. Her name was Josie. The first pic I took to a photographer to make the back ground all black instead of my couch
. The .
P1000007 (1).JPG

Last edited:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry for your loss. losing a cat is never easy; However, I am sure you gave her a spectacular life and she was very happy. 18 years is a long life! Prayers for you during this time :hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. Eighteen years is a long, long life for a little one, but no matter how many years we have with them, it is not enough. That many years is a testament to the wonderful home she shared with you and her little family. The bond of love she shared with you is a strong one, built over the years and made stronger by time. She was surrounded by her family's love as she took flight, her soul was tied to your own and that will be you forever.
Try not to dwell on her end, do not make her end more important than her beautiful life. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you....to continue on seeking life's joy and adding more loves on to her own to make it stronger yet, to perpetuate it into being eternal. She lives on through you now, so send her thoughts and prayers of gratitude and love, not grief and tears. Though you have to mourn her leaving your life, in time celebrate what she taught you, what joy she brought you over so many years, the love she leaves you. The beautiful memories that eventually will bring you comfort.
Though her leaving brings a huge hole into your life, that hole will, in time, heal enough to allow you to know with certainty that she will always be near, as near as your thoughts and prayers. A love like that just doesn't disappear, it is spiritual, so eternal. The 'essence' of who she was will forever surround your own, and her love will forever be bonded to your soul. She shared your life's journey for a while, and though she now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own.
Remember you have other little ones, who in their own way will miss and mourn her. cats live in the present, which is a wonderful lesson for us all. Let Josie be a wonderful part of your past and the legacy she left you, hope for the future. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, kiss those little ones fro me......RIP dear Josie. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you all meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, another Tuxedo has moved on to the Bridge :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:
I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, she is fine now, just fine...God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Girl, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely lady she was, is, and always will be! I only hope I have my girl for that long. But then, where there is love, and eternity is not long enough to share. Thank you for showing her to us.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. It is always difficult to lose a pet. Some people never actually recover at all. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Oh My! She was a beauty. There is something in a tuxedo cat that mesmerizes me. I have a street cat I am feeding currently outside. It is a tuxedo cat. This post made me decide I will take that cat into my home for good, no matter what my husband say to me!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could take them all in too, sigh.....I'm feeding a tuxedo too that showed up way out here, it (don't know yet if a girl or boy, ferals always seem to keep their tails down!) has a perfect dot of black in the white on the right side of the neck. It's how I identify him/her.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful Josie. Eighteen years is a very long life for a cat, and it's the evidence of how much love and attention she received in your family.
She used to break up fights in the house, but her job will be useful up there too, when the newcomers to the Bridge will need a guide of how to behave in Cats' Heaven.
RIP Josie, you will be deeply missed.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks just like my Rico did! There's something special about tuxedos.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are special. There doesnt seem to be that many
Was your tuxedo girl especially smart? My boy was. I've heard more than once that tuxedos are often very intelligent.