my rescue cat ran away 4 weeks ago. is she dead?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
there used to be more cats at the area I am living. even one day she came with another cat and I swear to God she went and said good bye to the other cat. the other one left and she came home. like kids after school..."hey my mom is calling me I am going see you tomorrow" I swear! now it's only one or two!
There is a Chinese (I think) thing where if you’re cat go missing you are to tell the other cats in the neighborhood to let them know you are looking for them

Nice Loki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats understand waaay more than people think. I am utterly convinced of it.
I have a little girl who is very clingy, she follows me like my own shadow.
If I leave the house, but my son stays at home, I get reports on how she cries for me and she sits by the front door waiting for me. When I return she gets so excited and does zoomies round the house.

So just lately, when I need to go out, I have started sitting down with her, looking her in the eye and explaining that I have to go out and won't be long, that she's not to worry.

Apparently it works! She has been a lot calmer while I'm out. I'm so happy that I can alleviate her anxiety a bit by this simple thing.:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she has not come back yet! it's been more than a month! since Dec 2nd

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is hard but understand that cats don’t live by the same clock as humans. They also do things that we don’t know about. A cat that has mated may hide to have her babies. I have had cats do the same thing and be gone longer than a month. Please don’t give up. My girl Thrasher had been indoors only for a couple of years and then was let out by someone. You would think she would have stayed near or come right back in but she stayed gone a couple of months even though she was spayed. Just hold on to confidence. If she got pregnant, she could wait until the babies are old enough to follow her around before you even catch a glimpse of her but I am still thinking she is staying close enough to feel the safety of you being around. I also believe that even if she is pregnant and hides away for now, she’ll bring the babies there. Keep looking and keep up a routine of placing food for her. I set up a couple of shelters for Thrasher and I know she used them before turning back up. Don’t give up. :hugs: