My pregnant cat screams when I picked her up?

cookiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i picked up my pregnant cat but then she started to scream, did i hurt the kittens?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We need a bit more information if possible. How far along is your pregnant cat? Is she due any day now? Is she acting normal otherwise, i.e.; eating, drinking, using the litterbox? Feeling well as far as you can tell? If you are seeing her acting unwell and very uncomfortable, then get her to the vet asap.

I think you may have startled her and/or caused her a bit of discomfort when you picked her up. Maybe put too much pressure on her belly and caused some discomfort. She could becoming close to delivering and is being very protective of herself and her unborn kittens.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she is due today  and she lying down and meowing ,but last week she was drinking and eating a lot.

cookiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
that is a picture of her in labour.

cookiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She nursing her 3 day old kittens.
:lol3:
Glad that all went well. Don't know the history of you and this momma cat but hopefully she will be spayed after weaning as well as all of her kittens before you adopt them out! Again, I don't know your plans or the reasons for your cat's pregnancy but just had to say! Hope they all continue to thrive and be very, very healthy.