My pregnant cat had a light light brown discharge from her hole, are the babies coming??

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My pregnat cat,Kitty, has been pregnat for a really long time, she should have her babies anyday but im really worried about her, she is so huge that she haves troubles cleaning herself and she cant reach her butt and today she had a very light brown discharge form her butt, does this mean the kitties are coming?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That could have been her mucus plug.  You can help her clean down there if she'll let you.  And if she likes her belly rubbed that will help her too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Handsom Kitty, and she does like it when i rub her belly but we go through a little fight when i try to clean her rear...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is having discharge then she is likely getting very close to her labor and delivery time.

Last edited:

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , can you give me an estimate of when the the kitties will come?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Honestly, it sounds like any day now! Most likely in the next two or three days. Can you post a picture of her?

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took so long to reply, I went to go to sit with her and she sat on my lap. All of a sudden she starts panting like crazy and more discharge comes and after about 30 mins she started pushing and meowing in pain, she had 2 healthy kittens so far but I'm really concerned, I can feel at least 2 more kittens in her stomach and her breathing has turned to normal and she isn't making any attempt to push them out...is she taking a break?!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, just relax. It could be a few hours. She's resting. Could even be tomorrow!

So now I'll need pictures of the babies too! Congrats so far. Are they nursing?

She waited for you! Sweet!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww. I'm so glad all is well. How much later did the other two come?

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much Sarthur2 Sarthur2 and Handsome Kitty!! They 3rd and 4th kitties came about 35 mins after the 2nd. But I was very surprised when my cat sat on my lap and started giving birth, she showed no change of behavior, mood, or appetite, her rear wasn't even swollen

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some cats can surprise us like that. Mine was very calm as well. Like people - everyone has a different disposition.

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the help Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , I was also wondering, the mother shows no signs of distress or anything anymore but I still feel something in there, could it just be her stomach or am I feeling another kitten?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be her uterus you're feeling.  It takes a few days to shrink back down.  A little discharge is normal as well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Handsome Kitty is correct. Just like human moms, cats tend to be a bit lumpy after giving birth until everything shrinks.

prettykitty215

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh oaky, thanks handsome kitty handsome kitty , I put her food and water near her too but how\where she going to stool? (She's not litter box trained)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put a litter box right there nearby and she will figure it out. Where has she been going up to now?