My Pregger Stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes after reading everything I possibly could, I made sure I had everything I need and put money away in case an emergency were to occur. That I believe is the single most important thing to do when you have somebodies elses life in your hands. I took on this little street kitty with snarrled hair but she has turned into a beautiful queen and is treated like one also! I have bonded with her so deaply in these 2 weeks. It is wonderful. There are 7 babies in all. They are doing great! She is doing great and being an amazing mama.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great ! Bet your children are excited too ! Do you have any other cats in the house ?

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great ! Bet your children are excited too ! Do you have any other cats in the house ?
Yes! That is my next battle. I dont know how to introduce my resident cats with mama and her babies. For the last 2 weeks they have smelled eachother under a door but that is it. Both my resident cats are declawed and fixed. One male and one female. They are both strictly indoor fat cats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to keep them separated for the next few weeks.

Have you had a chance to weigh the babies yet?

They look great! :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! That is my next battle. I dont know how to introduce my resident cats with mama and her babies. For the last 2 weeks they have smelled eachother under a door but that is it. Both my resident cats are declawed and fixed. One male and one female. They are both strictly indoor fat cats.
Did you declaw your resident cats or adopt them that way?

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted them that way. They were going to go to a shelter due to the fact that my friend got stationed in italy. I took the brother and sister cats from her.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted them that way. They were going to go to a shelter due to the fact that my friend got stationed in italy. I took the brother and sister cats from her.
Good to know. I was going to add that your new girl does not need to be declawed for a successful integration.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know. I was going to add that your new girl does not need to be declawed for a successful integration.
Yes I was going to say the same ! Gracie has her manicure (nails trimmed ) every month ! It's fine

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Weights are excellent!
I am so glad that the babies were good weights. That is a really good weight for how many kittens she had. No wander she could not get to her area to clean . You guys, you wouldnt even believe the condition I found this cat in. She was in awful shape. So bad that my vet visited my house because I told her the cat wouldnt make it to a vet.Maybe she just looked a lot worse then she was. She had hair missing. She was missing all the hair on top of her head, her foot pads were so sunburned. It was awful. I am so amazed that she has had such healthy kittens. She did so great and I am just so proud of her.

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Todays weights compared to yesterday.
Pink 3oz now 3.6oz
Orange 2.8oz now 3.8oz
Yellow 3.3oz now 4.1oz
Blue 3oz now 4oz
Green 3.3oz now 4.3 oz
Red 3.4 oz now 4.3 oz
Purple 3.2oz now 4.2oz

Melissa M Sementelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all doing great. We have 1 with eyes fully open. Several with a little bit open! Storm has needed no help with feeding her 7 babies. She has been such a great mama. She is however eating me out of house and home!

Attachments