CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
:whitecat:My precious snowball had to be put to sleep the 8th of July
He was loosing weight and other health issues
Took him immediately to the vet
He felt his abdomen and said something was wrong cause it was way too tender
So he did an xray and it showed his lungs deteriorating:(😢😔😭His quality of life wasnt good the vet said
So I had to make a tough decision to ease my baby pain
The vet said he was 12 yrs old and meds at that age wouldn't help much
So im sitting here hurting and crying..feel so empty
I had him cremated by himself and his remains can be picked up Mon
Please can someone please tell me how you get through this
Im literally getting sick
From alll this crying
Please someone help me to know how to get through this

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I send my condolences to you. The right thing, the best thing you could do / did do for Snowball just rips your heart apart. It is never easy. Right now the wound is fresh. It is raw. Of course you cry from the loss. There is no magic way to take away the pain, just time.

Write Snowball a letter. Tell him how much you love him, miss him. Write something special about him. Light a candle. Burn the letter and let your thoughts and your grief fly up to the Rainbow Bridge where Snowball is now, whole and free of pain.

I have been where you are now. The pain never goes all away. But it will become bearable. In time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Snowball, dream you deep, You walk in someone's heart forever.

You've heard me say so many times that love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. You gave Snowball the best life a cat could have, and then you helped to open the Gate between this Adventure and his Next Great Adventure. You sent your love with him to guide his way. Now, from that Place Where All Things Are Known, he send his love, translated and purified into Love, back to you where it will remain, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. And in the fullness of time, that Love will walk that same path with you as you begin YOUR Next Great Adventure.

But OH, how we miss that sweet physical presence! In my life I have had to say goodbye to so many. And each one felt as if something had been literally ripped out of me. How do we get through it? Moment by moment. We cry, we rage, we contemplate. And eventually, we reach a point where our memories bring joy, not bitter sorrow. THEN we can again feel the Love that is sitting by our side.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately there is no easy way through it, it hurts like hell and will for awhile, just let it out, cry your heart out and do whatever you feel, don't try to hold it back it just makes things worse and will delay the healing. It is one of the hardest things that we will endure in this life, the loss of a beloved companion and family member because they are, they are our children and when they pass we feel that we failed them, that we should've known what to do to keep them here longer but we don't know, we do the best with what we have at the moment and make the best choices that we can at the time based on what we know, and it is so heart wrenching that you too feel like you will die and don't care if you do, but somehow we make it, we slowly start to heal and we carry on, but it is so so hard.....

Try the homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara, little pills that you put under your tongue, there are no side effects and it helps your body and mind deal with grief, loss, shock, stress and it works.

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may sound cliché, but you get through it a day at a time. If that's too much, an hour at a time, or a minute at a time, or even one breath at a time. Unfortunately it never really stops hurting but over time you get better at handling it.

I ordered a touchstone from memoryglass.com for my Callie when I had to have her put to sleep earlier this year. It's helped me to have a memorial to her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you're literally sick from all the crying, a part of your soul has been taken from you. Like I stated in my other post, you must give yourself time to heal and it will take a lot of time......
You must rely on the vet's opinion in matters like this, they have seen much and you could never let Snowball suffer. When you have had him in your life for so long, it takes a long time to heal enough to stop the pain. You will develop a 'scar' on your heart that indicates healing but leaves you with a reminder for the rest of your life. After 8 years I still feel a 'pang' of grief in my heart when I think of my little girl, and it is still too easy to go back through the years in an instant and once more be in that deep, dark, painful place. The trick is to learn how not to let the grief rule your life. It's easier to stay grief-stricken, to let it take over. But then death has taken two lives, is victorious, and the angels weep with sadness. Your boy is one of those angels now, he lives on through you now, securely held in that same heart that loved him for so many years. Love is wanting only happiness and joy for the one who holds your heart, don't let him weep for you. Celebrate having him in your life instead of mourning the loss. He was in your life for a reason, unthinkable that you could have never met him. There were MANY more good times than bad. Don't let death make his end more important than his life.....
Open your heart to another and let the two loves multiply by two. Distract your mind from your sadness by knowing you have witnessed and lived something that no one will ever know, Snowball's love.
Keep busy and take care, you have started on the road to healing by writing this tribute, telling the world about this wonderful boy and immortalizing it in print. You will never be alone, we are here when you need us. You may want to help others also because you understand what it is like o lose someone you love so very much and how much you need comfort and understanding. I have found comfort myself in comforting others, you may too. I'm so sorry you are beginning a journey that is so hard, but one day the road will become easier. This I know because I have traveled it myself......RIP precious Snowball, you were so very loved, and always will be.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so truly sorry to see this latest post , that you have lost your precious Snowball. My heart is breaking for your loss , and the pain you are going through. I know that pain , and it will be so unbearable at times.
You ask , "how do I get through this"? I wish I had the answer , the right words to say. My kitty , Mickey passed on the 8th of July , six years ago.
I still cry daily over his loss. More recently , I lost my kitty , Mittens , and yes the pain is so unbearable. I can hardly sleep and cry constantly.
I so wish I had some magic words to say to help ease your pain. Many people say that time heals. That has never been true for me. I just try my best to cope and go on. That is all any of us can do. Losing a beloved and cherished pet is one of the most difficult things we will go through.
Even knowing that one day I will lose my precious pet , I will never be sorry or regret loving them and giving them a home. I love pets , especially cats.
They are so loyal and loving and they make our lives whole. They make our house a home. I know that even if you knew how painful it would be losing Snowball , you still would have loved that precious soul and given him a warm home.
I so hope that one day you can remember your sweet Snowball with more smiles than tears. Always remember , that your Snowball never truly left you. Anytime that you want to talk to him , just speak and know that he will hear you. He will always be right beside you , loving and comforting you as he always did. The truly hard part is that you can't physically see him , but he is there , with you always.
RIP Precious Snowball!
Please watch over your loved one , as she misses you so much.
Try to ease her broken heart , and let her know that you are still with her, always.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so very sorry to hear this
Sending you love

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:whitecat:My precious snowball had to be put to sleep the 8th of July
He was loosing weight and other health issues
Took him immediately to the vet
He felt his abdomen and said something was wrong cause it was way too tender
So he did an xray and it showed his lungs deteriorating:(😢😔😭His quality of life wasnt good the vet said
So I had to make a tough decision to ease my baby pain
The vet said he was 12 yrs old and meds at that age wouldn't help much
So im sitting here hurting and crying..feel so empty
I had him cremated by himself and his remains can be picked up Mon
Please can someone please tell me how you get through this
Im literally getting sick
From alll this crying
Please someone help me to know how to get through this
I'm sorry you are experiencing this unbelievable pain.
Unfortunately there's no an easy way to get out of this, it's a, sometimes, a long process. I'm not out of this yet after more than three years, so I can't say how long it might be. There are people that overcome this terrible period in a few weeks, others go on for many years.
The only thing that I know is that it will get less and less harsh day by day.
I'm sorry...