My Poor Sox...

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Previous loss threads. It's been a rough last year and this one is not shaping up to be better.
Farewell My Friend...
Another Story To Add...

This morning we had to put Sox to sleep. He was between 3 and 4 years old and a rescue cat who showed up as a tiny kitten with dirty feet in our back porch. He was very friendly and talkative and loved to get on me at night and lay on my chest and try to smother me while I gave him luvs.

He had sudden paralysis of both of his back legs. The vet thought they might be fractures, but x-rays turned up nothing and they diagnosed Saddle Thrombus. Everything seemed to fit with the symptoms.

He was a good cat and I will miss him. He was unhappy and in a bit of pain and a very active cat, I couldn't imagine trying to put him through a hospital stay and recovery where he may never actually recover, so we chose to let him go.

He can be with Morpheus now...he was Morpheus' cat...he was always looking for affection from him and he changed after Morpheus passed away. He hung out downstairs a lot less.

But he was still playful...he was also one of our sprayers, so I won't miss his bad habit *Chuckles*. He was fun and I'll miss his luvs back.

He was a black cat with a white tuft on his chest and all 4 feet were white.

Here are a few pictures (Luna is the other cat in the pic, she is about his age and they were rescued relatively close together).

Anyway...I hope he finds Morpheus to help him along. I feel so bad, he was so young...but I suppose he might not have lived as long as he did if we hadn't rescued him. Still, he was my buddy and my heartaches.

thanks for reading and remembering. He too, won't be forgotten.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. With paralysis, I know you did the right thing, he would have never wanted to live that way.
The bond you formed with that special boy is spiritual, so eternal. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. I know he is grateful for your home and your love, and that you found strength in that love to let him go. Do not let his end be more important than his life. That should never be. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you. To remember him with smiles and to spread his love to others so that they may know it's warmth.
My heart goes out to you, I send you prayers of comfort.....Take care....
RIP dear Sox. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a place in a loving heart. May teh good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always sad when one of our little friends passes but am doubly sad when it is a tuxedo, he was so very handsome. I am sorry that he passed, you were wonderful for taking him in, it is sad that that happened to him and you but he is fine now, just fine, and you will see him again one day and he will thank you for taking good care of him.

Sylvester and I are sorry, another wonderful tuxedo went to the Bridge.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Words always fail me at times such as this. You had to make a decision where the right thing to do was not easy . I am sorry for the loss of Sox so early in his life. For me, loosing the younger ones seems to hurt just a bit more.

Rest easy Sox. You made deep tracks on your humans heart during your short stay on this old rock. Tracks that will live on through the ages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and words...that's 3 cats in around in 2 years and it's heartwrenching.

But we knew when we rescued them and brought them into our lives, they would be first waiting for us on the other side (me and my roommate/best friend/companion)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no. I lost a kitty to saddle thrombus, too. That’s hard. And your little guy was so young. You did everything you could for him, and he was well loved.

RIP, little Sox.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sox, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

So young to lose him...but where there is love, and eternity is not long enough. Now, he dances on sunshine in a place where that eternity is but a moment, and there is no pain. And he has a partner in that Dance, because Morpheus dances with him. One day, in the fullness of time, you will join them in joyous reunion. Until then, dance on, sweet Sox, dance on!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im sorry for your loss, god bless you and little Sox he is in peace now in heaven with all the other fur kids that has passed on, he will meet them in heaven and he will always be with you to give you comfort when you need him. Making a decision to let any life go is the hardest one to make and to make this decision you have to be kind, brave and unselfish to stop ones suffering and put your needs and wants to the side. And each time along the way this decision will always be difficult to make. I am sorry you had to make this decision many times. I hope your heart heals. :(