My Picky Kitty Loves Nulo!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've posted about Ares' pickiness with wet food before and got excellent advice. I ended up giving him and his sister Fancy Feast once or twice a day for a few weeks and discovered (1) his love of fish, and (2) his love of beef (flavored with fish). I also knew how low-quality Fancy Feast is and that I needed to be careful about the amount and type of fish I feed them, so I wanted to find something a bit higher-quality, with less risk of heavy metal poisoning, and still within my budget.

Enter Nulo! I bought the beef and trout variety (for adults and kittens), and so far, both kitties LOVE it. Ares was licking the plate clean last night!

Obviously not every cat will feel the same way, but I'm impressed with the quality as well. Ingredients listed below.

Ingredients: Beef, Beef Broth, Herring Broth, Beef Liver, Dried Egg Whites, Rainbow Trout, Dried Ground Peas, Spinach, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Chicken Fat, Ground Flaxseed, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Blueberries, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Inulin, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, D-calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid.

It's slightly discounted on Chewy at about $31 for 24 cans: https://www.chewy.com/nulo-freestyle-shredded-beef-rainbow/dp/168505. Since I feed wet for breakfast and dinner, with dry in between, this is an affordable option for me.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Always good when they like something!

I tried Nulo on Lydia and she wasn't impressed lol

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. The Nulo Beef & Trout plus the Nulo Turkey & Halibut are in my cat's rotation as well. I've noticed that when her nose is stuffier, she prefers eating this brand.
:cheerleader:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My picky boy Alasdair loves Nulo Beef & Rainbow Trout too.

He also likes the Salmon & Turkey a lot, and he even eats their Turkey & Duck which is weird because he usually scratches at Duck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My picky boy Alasdair loves Nulo Beef & Rainbow Trout too.

He also likes the Salmon & Turkey a lot, and he even eats their Turkey & Duck which is weird because he usually scratches at Duck.
I might try the salmon & turkey next! Neither of them likes straight turkey, but maybe they'll go for it, since salmon is the first ingredient.