My outdoor cat is still in my neighborhood but won’t come home. Please help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I’ve been busy, so I’ve had little time for this site. Cupid is still missing and still miss him very much. I think it’s the feeling of not knowing what happened to him. I want closure but can’t get it until he either comes home or they find his body.

It’s getting real hard to keep hope alive that he’ll eventually find his way home. I’m honestly starting to think I’ll never see him again. It’s been so long at this point, if he really is out there, I don’t know why he’s not home.

Cupid got me through some tough things and there’s still so more I have to do with him. I’m missing him more than usual lately.

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope Cupid comes home soon. Are you able to make him a completely indoor cat?
There are many ways to make an outdoor kitty into an indoor kitty, and still let them enjoy some aspects of the outdoors, while being completely safe.
Outdoor cats have significantly shorter lifespans than indoor cats do. If you want Cupid to be around for a good, long time, this might need to be considered.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Cupid comes home soon. Are you able to make him a completely indoor cat?
There are many ways to make an outdoor kitty into an indoor kitty, and still let them enjoy some aspects of the outdoors, while being completely safe.
Outdoor cats have significantly shorter lifespans than indoor cats do. If you want Cupid to be around for a good, long time, this might need to be considered.
I don’t know. Being outside is a big part of who he is. If he comes back of course we’ll keep him in for a bit, but I’m not sure if we can.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CyberAlexMM CyberAlexMM we tried to bring my cat Bella inside for years, but she refused to come inside for more than a few minutes at a time. some cats just prefer being free outside.
That being said, with a cat like Cupid who, I assume, knows and loves you and your family, there is a very good chance that bringing him inside is a possibility, assuming that’s fine with your parents, Mochi, and Lemon, of course.
I would recommend trying it if possible :) The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside – TheCatSite Articles

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. I’ve been thinking about Cupid a lot recently and as much as I hate to say it, I really am starting to believe he’s dead. It’s been almost 5 months and he loves us so much and loves his home so there’s no way he ran away. If he had a way home he probably would’ve taken it. I want to think that he’s somewhere out there trying to find his way back but I don’t know...

I’m trying to make a new normal with Lemon and Mochi but I just feel so empty without him. I was expecting Cupid to live a long and happy life like the cat who came before him, but I never in a million years would’ve expected this to happen.

I’m trying to keep hope alive. I really am. But the longer it goes, the more I think he’s dead. He probably died in September when he went missing. I miss you buddy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH...it is hard. But...there is a good chance that he is in someone's house, living a life of ease, as well. Try to think of that. You will still miss him, always. But...where ever he may be, he is safe, happy, and remembers you with love. WHERE EVER HE MAY BE.