My Other Fur/scale Babies

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my old man Haven. He will be 15 in June and is my heart dog.

This is Pig my trouble maker but cuddler.

Static my newest little hedgehog dude. Prickly but soft. And completely unhinged. LOL.

The sweetest snake on the planet. My pet rock aka ball python Whiskey.

My Hog Island boa girl Oatmeal. She's still a young noodle.

And last but certainly not least. My redfoot tortoise Boney Earp. The hissiest pet of them all.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You have a beautiful pet family! :thumbsup: Haven looks fantastic for 15 - his tail looks like he may have some Akita or Husky in him, what do you think?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful family!

Ooh, I want a Hog Island boa! Where did you get her? I know it's hard to find a reputable breeder who guarantees they have genuine Hog Island varieties. I have 3 ball pythons too :D. And a 15-year-old dog! Lol. I should do a picture thread of my own I suppose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have a beautiful pet family! :thumbsup: Haven looks fantastic for 15 - his tail looks like he may have some Akita or Husky in him, what do you think?
I don't know much about Haven's mix other than his mom was a pit mix I adopted along with her 2 puppies (Haven being one). His litter mate looked like a full on Border Collie so who knows what is in him. Lol. He is super active for his age but has some heath issues (lipoma's, a permanently limp tail now from arthritis, and starting to go deaf). But open the door to go outside and he turns into a big puppy.

A beautiful family!

Ooh, I want a Hog Island boa! Where did you get her? I know it's hard to find a reputable breeder who guarantees they have genuine Hog Island varieties. I have 3 ball pythons too :D. And a 15-year-old dog! Lol. I should do a picture thread of my own I suppose.
I got my little hoggie girl from a local guy that breeds pure hogs. I wanted to make sure she was a pure hog so I know roughly how big she will get. Lol. I really don't need a snake that looks like a hog island and then gets bigger than I am.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they're all so cute! How amazing that you have a pet hedgehog! My friend gets hedgehogs visit her garden regularly and she feeds them. She says they're very cute to watch. I would love for some spiky visitors to come to my garden but I've never had any hedgehogs here. The only time I actually saw one in the wild was in France a few years ago.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the late replies work has gotten insane!

Oh, they're all so cute! How amazing that you have a pet hedgehog! My friend gets hedgehogs visit her garden regularly and she feeds them. She says they're very cute to watch. I would love for some spiky visitors to come to my garden but I've never had any hedgehogs here. The only time I actually saw one in the wild was in France a few years ago.
We don't have wild hedgehogs here, unfortunately. I WISH we had wild hedgehogs that would be super cool. I've only ever had 2 my little dude Ricochet who sadly passed right after his 4th birthday. Static is my new little guy and whew does he have an attitude. He will be all calm and chill hanging out then CHOMP and run.

Haha, yeah, that's why I want a Hog Island variety! Do you know if that guy has a website or sells on any of the classified sites?
He doesn't unfortunately. BUT I do have a handful of breeders that do breed pure hoggies I can send your way. I looked forever to find people who could prove their hogs were pure. My girl is super sweet and an amazing feeder. My ball python is a butt when it comes to feeding but she never misses a meal! I am now on the lookout for a woma python or a Dumeril's boa.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Willowy the first place I would look is Vin Russo he has the purest line. They cost a bit but are completely worth it. My girl comes from his line but he didn't breed her. Just google him or cutting edge herps and send him a message. I was going to get one from him but he had just sold his last one back then.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for answering! Yeah I found Cutting Edge when i was googling around, glad to hear they're considered reputable. That's probably who I'll go with when I'm ready.

My male ball pythons are off their feed for the winter :/. I know it's natural but it's kind of stressful for me. The female is still eating. She's a piggy, lol.

I like Dumeril's. I was at a reptile store in the Twin Cities and they have a breeding pair of Dumeril's. Their female is HUGE. I want to say she looked like she was 8 feet but I read that the record for a Dumeril's is 8.5 feet and wouldn't they mention it if she were close to record size? But she was big anyway. The male was much smaller.

My dream snake, besides a Hog Island boa, is a blood python. I haven't decided on morph yet, but someday. . .

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not equipped to handle the attitude of a blood python. Lol. I would love an emerald tree boa but I'm not fond of how bad their bites are if you spook them or they are in feeding mode.

I want a woma python, dum, and a Brazilian Rainbow boa (had one but he was a sick rescue that didn't make it). I definitely only want a male dumeril's. I do like that they are super slow growers.

My male ball went off feed for 11 months last year it freaked me out but he only lost 8g of weight throughout the whole time. It freaks me out every time. He's not off feed this winter so far.

Ball pythons are my favorite snake I love how easy they are to handle but they are a pain when they don't want to eat. My boy will literally only eat hooded rats. If you give him a solid colored rat he will not touch it. He will also only eat raths that come from Big Cheese Rodents or Perfect Prey. Picky brat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say the new generation of captive-bred bloods, especially the morphs, don't have any more "attitude" than a boa. The breeders say the bad reputation came when they were all wild-caught, and understandably in a bad mood about being in captivity. But I should try to meet a few adults before I really pull the trigger.

My brother has a corn snake. She's a personable little thing, and a very good eater. And he just got a baby BP. The difference in feeding attitudes is driving him crazy, lol.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't researched bloods in years. The last one I met just wanted to eat me. Lol. She struck at me at least 30 times in less than 2 minutes.

Lol I bet the difference in feeding habits drives him crazy! My boa eats every week without fail while my ball python is like nah I think I'll go a few weeks without eating.