My one-month old cat doesn't eat Nutram S1

Luke.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
Pretty much the title, I'm feeding him KitCat milk, raw chicken, and Cerelac. I would love to give him something more specific to his age. I was told it's the Nutram S1, got that but he wouldn't eat it.

Any advice? Thanks!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kittens just aren’t quite ready for wet food at four weeks old. But I would keep trying different brands. Sometimes they will lap it up if you mix the wet food with kitten milk until it is soupy.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Per the little information I could find on that Nutram S1, it is for 2 months and older. I think your little one may still be too young to be eating dry food at this point. I would try feeding him wet food instead and see what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luke.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great, Thanks guys!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, soft pate-style wet food watered down, or a dish of kitten formula on its own. Or you can wet dry kitten food with kitten formula and they often like that a great deal.

Kitten is not ready for raw chicken. Try boiling it in lightly salted water and shredding it into very fine pieces. Add broth.

Otherwise, just feed wet cat food. Find what he likes and will eat and feed it, or you’ll have a kitten who is not thriving.

Luke.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, soft pate-style wet food watered down, or a dish of kitten formula on its own. Or you can wet dry kitten food with kitten formula and they often like that a great deal.

Kitten is not ready for raw chicken. Try boiling it in lightly salted water and shredding it into very fine pieces. Add broth.

Otherwise, just feed wet cat food. Find what he likes and will eat and feed it, or you’ll have a kitten who is not thriving.
Thank you! I'll do that. Meanwhile, what you do think of raw chicken and Cerelac? Can they do any harm?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he is eating the raw chicken ok, it's fine to feed, although it is NOT 100% nutritionally complete (it needs balanced percentages of bones and organs to be that). Cerelac is also not really nutritious for kittens. It shouldn't hurt them, but I think it's really baby food, right? It will help fill him up, but that's about it. I'm not really even sure the KatCat Milk is the best thing for a tiny kitten since it says for all life stages. Can you get your hands on something that is a kitten milk replacement? And can you not find any canned kitten foods where you live?

Luke.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he is eating the raw chicken ok, it's fine to feed, although it is NOT 100% nutritionally complete (it needs balanced percentages of bones and organs to be that). Cerelac is also not really nutritious for kittens. It shouldn't hurt them, but I think it's really baby food, right? It will help fill him up, but that's about it. I'm not really even sure the KatCat Milk is the best thing for a tiny kitten since it says for all life stages. Can you get your hands on something that is a kitten milk replacement? And can you not find any canned kitten foods where you live?
Hi! thanks for getting back. I found a brand called Schesir. I'll scope them up.