My Old Cat Loses Weight Since I Adopted Other Cat

JuanMontero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everybody

I'm a little bit worried for my old cat. Recently I adopted a five years old cat and, fortunately, he become the best friend of my first cat (2 1/2 years old). The problem is that my first cat is always after the new one to play with him -they have very enjoyable times-, and, on account of this I think he is forgeting to eat, losing some weight on the last month as a consequence. What can I do? How do I increase my cat appetite? I must move my cats from freefeeding to scheduled feeding?

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you sure he’s eating less? It sounds like his activity level has increased with a new friend and he may need more calories. I suggest meal feedings so you can see how much is being eaten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JuanMontero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you sure he’s eating less? It sounds like his activity level has increased with a new friend and he may need more calories. I suggest meal feedings so you can see how much is being eaten.
From this viewpoint the weight lose of my cat is is understandable. I will try scheduled feeding to track the amount of meal they are eating. Thanks a lot four your suggestion.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would watch your older cat carefully because he is an older/?senior? cat. Not eating can be a sign of serious health issues are cause health problems. I would try giving your older cat half of the day by themselves where he can chill and eat in peace. If it helps for a couple of weeks or months while he adjusts to his the new high energy nuisance, then they can move to full time together later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JuanMontero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would watch your older cat carefully because he is an older/?senior? cat. Not eating can be a sign of serious health issues are cause health problems. I would try giving your older cat half of the day by themselves where he can chill and eat in peace. If it helps for a couple of weeks or months while he adjusts to his the new high energy nuisance, then they can move to full time together later.
The cat that is not eating enough is 2 and a half years old. His new bud is 5 years old.