My old cat despises my new cat.

Vibescv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just some information before I explain.

Old cat : Casper, around 4 years old male cat. Used to live with other cats just fine before they passed, was the only cat living in my house for a while until we got a new cat.

New cat : Luna, a little over a year old and a female cat. Not much information about her, she never tries to fight him or instagate any fights ever or even fight back when he attacks her.

So pretty much we got Luna about 6-7 months ago and ever since she got here Casper has been on and off attacking her for no reason out of no where and any place around the house or close outdoors. They are both inside and outside cats. When ever we feed them he is perfectly fine and pretty much just ignores her while eating or while we are close.

Can anyone please help with this, it's been happening for months and I'm sick of having to watch them just in case he tries to attack her. I've tried googling everything and I can't find a fix for this. Does anyone have an idea why he may be doing this as well as how to stop him?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, welcome! He's neutered and she's spayed?

Take a look at these articles below, there may be something that helps, but keep in mind you'll have to have patience and basically start over. It can definitely work, but it will take time--it's all about territory with cats but they are adaptable and can adjust given a little help. Also, you will probably want to consider keeping them both inside for a while so that you can accomplish this.

When ever we feed them he is perfectly fine and pretty much just ignores her while eating or while we are close.
With this, you and they are pretty close to having things at a consistent calm state, it's just that last bit that needs addressing. Calming products could help although I'd avoid pheromone based items as they can sometimes make situations such as this worse.

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction – TheCatSite Articles

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom . 2 cats that have not accepted each other should be inside. What if one gets injured,infected,or unwell? Then that cat will take it out on another. Also can work on socializing them

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let me ask you something...you say that they eat together just fine, but that he randomly "attacks" her. How badly do these attacks injure her? Have you had to take her to the vet over them?