My New Shelter Kitty Gypsy

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted about her in another thread but never introduced her.

I adopted Gypsy last week from the local county animal shelter. At the time I adopted her she was listed as a female, calico, 3 yr old. When I took her to the vet for a check up we found out she has a mouthful of bad teeth. Her dental hygiene was so chronic she presented as an 8-10 yr old and not the 3 yr old she was listed as. I was floored by the vet's findings but none the less she is a sweet kitty and no way would I return her. An older senior cat with chronic dental hygiene and extreme shyness would all be reasons she may not be adopted. So she truly needed to be rescued!

She has an appt to have teeth extraction on April 24th. She will probably have all of them extracted including her canines. I have just under 4 weeks to gather the funds to have this done. The vet clinic and shelter kindly offered to donate to her health care. I just pray its enough!

Other than her teeth she is in excellent health and has a good heart. She is slowly coming out of her shell and now she is eating like a piggy!

Look at those amazing green eyes!!!

sleepy eyes.jpg

Here she is in her favorite bed. You can still see her shaved area when she got spayed at the shelter. Her fur is just barely beginning to come back in. By the way, she weighs in a a bare 5 lbs. She is the tiniest cat I ever had. That bed she is in is only 14" x 9". She is all stretched out in it but when she curls up there is room left over!
nap time2.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for not giving up when your new cat was not what you expected! You are just the kind of person we want and need here, cheering on others who have had a surprise! Welcome to both you and the ever-so-beautiful Gypsy! I bet she thinks she has gone to heaven now, with a home like yours!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is warm enough I just now opened a window that the cat perch stand is under. So I put her on top of the perch to look out the window and she is totally mesmerized!