My New Remodeled Kitchen

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's so lovely, do you have a spare room I could visit? :biggrin: Are the hardwood floors oak or an engineered material? You must be very proud of the work your husband and you have done in your home.🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bedroom/addition is laminate flooring. The rest of the original house, including the upstairs, had all beautiful oak floors from the 1930's. We hired that to be redone, well worth it, they were in and out in a week, it would take us that long for one room! Sorry I messed up on downloading the pictures, I am SO computer illiterate! Mia6 Mia6 said she wanted to see my kitchen. I am very proud of my husband, this is going on 30 houses we have flipped in the last 42 years. Each one just keeps on getting better and better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! We added on a 30x28 addition to get the master bedroom on the first floor, along with a main bath/laundry, onsuite, and the new stairway to the full basement (another job). We took down tons of wallpaper, took down several walls in the kitchen, textured all the remaining plaster walls, new plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roof windows and siding. Basically everything is new. We kept the original woodwork, doors, and added a huge front porch. It took a year and 4 months pretty much working every day, but it was worth it with 9 acres and a house that has completely shiplapped walls and roof. It is built really well. My husband works by himself, occasionally hiring a kid, does everything including cement work, but did hire the roof and flooring done. He does the building, I do the design and painting and thousands if hours of cleanup! The 1st. picture is the before.
0227191259a_Burst01.jpg
1007190950.jpg
1007190952a.jpg
1007190952.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, wow and wow. I have lived through two whole house renovations but always a room or two at a time. That was challenging and exhausting but a whole house? Hats off to you. The pain is well worth the finished product

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's stunning!!! I love the character of old mixed with new. The exposed brick is beautiful! A dark kitchen is such a pain...so the lighting there is a huge deal to me! I love the wide trim on the windows instead of shutters. The window over the tub is really beautiful! And I dream about having a counter over my washer and dryer like that to fold laundry on.:cloud9: