my new puppy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure what the temp was today but it was at least in the 50's. Last week it was 12 degrees........

This was a welcome change on our day off. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

The girls are soooo tired. We wore them out. They are all snoozing peacefully in the living room now. Blossom is stretched out in the floor next to couch and Juan.

And I just have to post a couple more fav pics of mine from today. Both are Juan. He is a character.

He was playing with the dogs and when they ran off, he rested...... it was too funny...

Emma was trying to lick him to death.

And here he is resting.

And a dog thought for the day that my aunt from Texas sent me. I thought this was too cute.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read this thread. Blossom is a beautiful (big) dog with the prettiest face.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is an update on Blossom. Taken a couple days ago.

She still feels like a baby........and she is.

She was One Year Old on March 13th...

She is extremely gentle with all the animals but I also think if something got in our yard she would try to kill it... She is an excellent watch dog... We are fixing to add height to our fence. We have a four footer now and she can stand up and put her "arms" across it to lean while she barks. She has to duck if she goes under our kitchen table. She is extremely tall and has the largest head of any dog I have ever seen.

She loves my son........but dislikes his friends. When she meets someone that she doesn't like, she refuses to go near them. She just watches them and won't approach them... She only really likes our family and the propane man.... She loves the propane man. When he comes over, she runs in circles around him soooo happy.... But he really likes her too...

She is not aggressive but more watchful... In fact she is very non aggressive. She is just a really good watchdog. No none could break in our house with her inside. She would scare them to death with her size and girth and bark... It is low and deep.

I can't take her in the truck as she tries to get in the floorboard under my feet... She can only ride in the backseat of the car.

She is a good judge of character. And she loves all her kitties.....

Emma, the lab, has trained her well... They play rough but on the other hand, they kiss too. But old Molly is the boss...

She loves to go exploring in the woods with me. She stays right with me.

She is not fixed yet but will be in the next month. We have been waiting for her to have one cycle but she hasn't had one yet... I read that big dogs mature slower but she is real slow...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, Blossom finally had her first cycle so we can get her fixed. She was 16 months old before she had her first dog period........

It took her forever!! The vet said it was because there are no male dogs anywhere around us. And thanks for the compliment. We are kinda partial to her. She is a great dog!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she's gorgeous! My friend had one of those type of dogs, but unfortuantely he had to be pts for he had something wrong with his brain

She's a cutie!