My New Little Boy

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. I just brought this little guy home. He is 8 years old, and has spent the last three months at my local animal shelter as an owner surrender. He is warming up and getting comfortable in his new home. I know he is a blue domestic longhair, but he is so tiny, and has such tiny little ears and a pronounced square muzzle I wondered if there was anything going on that caused the tiny size. He is the smallest little cat I have ever seen! He is currently weighing in at just under 5 pounds. He could stand to put on a little weight, but will still be right around the 5 pound mark I am guessing.

He has the cutest little round paws, and very cool colored eyes. They are very round, and a very pale green around the edges darkening to a brighter green right around the pupil.

And pictures, lots of pictures, because he is adorable.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although he would be described as a blue domestic longhair, it is possible that he may also have a little bit of Persian ancestry. He has a short and broad muzzle, rounded eyes, smallish ears, heavy boning in his legs and paws, and if you look at the side view of his head you will see a fairly pronounced "stop" at eye level. Some lines of Persians are also very small in size (although most Persians are not small at all).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although he would be described as a blue domestic longhair, it is possible that he may also have a little bit of Persian ancestry. He has a short and broad muzzle, rounded eyes, smallish ears, heavy boning in his legs and paws, and if you look at the side view of his head you will see a fairly pronounced "stop" at eye level. Some lines of Persians are also very small in size (although most Persians are not small at all).
I wondered if there was anything helping out with the small ears and broad muzzle. He is truly the smallest cat I have ever had, and he has the smallest ears I have ever seen on a cat. He does have heavier legs than he seems to need. His are round little things, and they are so cute! He is adjusting really well, and starting to make friends with my little Calypso.

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, now that Shadow is warming up and getting comfortable at home some of his more unique habits are starting to come out. Including his love of turning around like an owl/possessed cat to look behind him when he is standing up. I have never seen a cat with this particular habit before, so thought I would share.

Last edited:

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG...You did GOOD! Such a handsome young man. He is absolutely beautiful! Both of you are very fortunate to have each other and I wish you many happy years together.
Thank you! I am madly in love with him already. He is the gentlest soul. He and his new sister are doing very well together. She was "supposed" to be spayed, but went madly into heat a few days after I brought Shadow home. So...he is getting his neutered status verified and she is getting spayed. Until then, separate rooms!

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is so adorable! And so wittle! awww! I have a thing for itty bitty cats, and also extra large cats. (guess cuz I have one thats itty bitty and the other one is huge)
Me too! And same. My Kokomo is giant, Calypso was what I thought of as tiny until I got Shadow, and Shadow, well is extra tiny!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. I just brought this little guy home. He is 8 years old, and has spent the last three months at my local animal shelter as an owner surrender. He is warming up and getting comfortable in his new home. I know he is a blue domestic longhair, but he is so tiny, and has such tiny little ears and a pronounced square muzzle I wondered if there was anything going on that caused the tiny size. He is the smallest little cat I have ever seen! He is currently weighing in at just under 5 pounds. He could stand to put on a little weight, but will still be right around the 5 pound mark I am guessing.

He has the cutest little round paws, and very cool colored eyes. They are very round, and a very pale green around the edges darkening to a brighter green right around the pupil.

And pictures, lots of pictures, because he is adorable.

Awww hes so pretty

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
So, now that Shadow is warming up and getting comfortable at home some of his more unique habits are starting to come out. Including his love of turning around like an owl/possessed cat to look behind him when he is standing up. I have never seen a cat with this particular habit before, so thought I would share.

This is so cute!!!

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! He is a doll. He has warmed up to the point he is now a total lap kitty. And he loves being carried around like a baby on his back. He is starting to gain some weight, so all around a successful transition into my home.