My new kitten

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This is Houdini.He/she was part of a litter of four that was born under my deck. I kept Mama and this little guy/girl (I haven't gotten that close yet to tell!). The other three were given to the rescue that helped me trap them. He/she is named Houdini because of the daring window escape late last month. We had trapped all of the kittens, and had them quarantined in the guest room. As it was warm I had one window partially open. One minute, they were sleeping all lined up in the window sill. Then Houdini and one of his sisters decided to peel back the screen's metal frame, and squeeze out--from the second floor. I was alone, no one to help me, and I couldn't carry the long, heavy metal ladder. All four got out, so we spent a couple of weeks re-trapping them. I was worried sick about them, and literally lost sleep over it. I was so glad when they were safe in my house! His two sisters were torties, like Mama, and orange one is probably a male (they usually are). I am so in love with this baby! He/she is warming up to me, too. Mama, on the other hand, HATES me. I have to work with getting her trust.
Houdini1.jpg

Houdini1.jpg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it was a test to make sure you really, really loved them! Good on you gor taking in a blackie: I read someplace they are harder to get adopted, which is silly. Looks like you are in for a whole lot of furry love. Enjoy.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking care of Mama and her babies. Mama will come round in time seeing you and Houdini. I am a huge fan of black cat's and if your little one is anything like my black cat the laughter and fun is going to start soon. They have the best purrsonalitys such fun. What a beautiful little house panther he/she is. :purr: