My new kitten. I am in love.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
When I first saw this little guy on petfinder, I didn't want him. I thought he looked too much like CiCi and I thought having him would hurt. My mom and I found another cat, a pretty white one, that we both fell in love with. But when we went up to meet her, it was this dude that stuck his paw through the bars to reach for us. He was vocal, adamant. He would not be ignored. You know that feeling you get when you're being adopted instead of it being the other way around? Def what I was feeling here, guys!

The woman opened the cage and let me hold him and seemed surprised. She said he normally hated being held, but he was purring away while I held him.
This happens everytime we get an animal. We always go with the intention of something specific, and we end up chosen instead. I was unsure, but I'm not now. I already love him.

He's the most gentle kitten I have ever had. He never uses his claws and he's so tolerant of the other animals inspecting him. He's so chill, relaxed, and just flat out nice. He climbs all over me, but never ONCE uses his claws. I'm just amazed. It's almost like he knows it would hurt me. He's just so sensitive, it's adorable!

I'm actually thanking God here, because I truly believe he cleared a way for us to get Jasper -- who originally had been adopted by someone else. They backed out last minute, having adopted another cat. Had we gotten there an hour later, the woman who owns the rescue would have shifted the cats out and we wouldn't have met him. God wanted us to meet him, because God knew that this cat was ours.

He's not CiCi. He can't replace CiCi. But he's helping me heal and I already feel comforted by him being near me. I can already tell he's going to be an amazing cat and I'm looking forward to giving him a good life!

1581545846720.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share some more pictures! These were taken by the rescue, so I'll hopefully have more of him soon!

...He's sleeping right now and cutting logs though. :3

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart, I think this was ment to be. Jasper is gorgeous I can see why you love him. Congratulations on being chosen.:redheartpump:
He's so well behaved, I'm AMAZED.

He's already made fast friends with the dogs, too =)

1581624239482.png

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw this little guy on petfinder, I didn't want him. I thought he looked too much like CiCi and I thought having him would hurt. My mom and I found another cat, a pretty white one, that we both fell in love with. But when we went up to meet her, it was this dude that stuck his paw through the bars to reach for us. He was vocal, adamant. He would not be ignored. You know that feeling you get when you're being adopted instead of it being the other way around? Def what I was feeling here, guys!

The woman opened the cage and let me hold him and seemed surprised. She said he normally hated being held, but he was purring away while I held him.
This happens everytime we get an animal. We always go with the intention of something specific, and we end up chosen instead. I was unsure, but I'm not now. I already love him.

He's the most gentle kitten I have ever had. He never uses his claws and he's so tolerant of the other animals inspecting him. He's so chill, relaxed, and just flat out nice. He climbs all over me, but never ONCE uses his claws. I'm just amazed. It's almost like he knows it would hurt me. He's just so sensitive, it's adorable!

I'm actually thanking God here, because I truly believe he cleared a way for us to get Jasper -- who originally had been adopted by someone else. They backed out last minute, having adopted another cat. Had we gotten there an hour later, the woman who owns the rescue would have shifted the cats out and we wouldn't have met him. God wanted us to meet him, because God knew that this cat was ours.

He's not CiCi. He can't replace CiCi. But he's helping me heal and I already feel comforted by him being near me. I can already tell he's going to be an amazing cat and I'm looking forward to giving him a good life!

View attachment 322090
He is gorgeous. Congratulations to both of you. A perfect match.