My New Kitten Can't Adapt The Resident's Playing

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
I got an 8 weeks kitten(Lily), before 10 days, and the introducing process's taken only 3 days till Tiger(the resident kitten, 12 weeks) stopped hissing and growling, he started playing with her all the time and by all the time I mean every second he isn't eating, sleeping or grooming, so he's playing with her wrestling or chasing. From Tiger's side no problems all good.
The main issue is for Lily she's a bit smaller/weaker than him she still can't adapt his playing, it's too rough for her. She's hissing and growling every time Tiger plays with her, she runs away if she can't make him stop.
She can't play or eat or drink or anything while he is playing because Tiger believes that she's his play partner and if he's playing she must play as well.
She is healthy though no problems so far.
They eat together with no problems. Lily loves to sleep in my lap or next to me(maybe because she loves me or because she doesn't want him to attack her xD).

I think she's stressed out because she never wants him to play with her or starts playing with him.
What should I do? should I just leave them and they will get along later?

Note:
Tiger always tries to sniff Lily's butt, is that sexual behavior or normal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
any help?

Letta

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I am not sure as I have only one cat and hopefully more people will come to help you but one quick suggestion would be to give to Lilly more hiding spots: try putting cardboard boxes with a small hole in it so she can go in there for a while when she wants some quiet time, also put more above the floor spaces so she can go flee the other kittten and a last suggestion would be to play more with the older kitten if you can exhaust him he will have less energy to spend on Lilly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I am not sure as I have only one cat and hopefully more people will come to help you but one quick suggestion would be to give to Lilly more hiding spots: try putting cardboard boxes with a small hole in it so she can go in there for a while when she wants some quiet time, also put more above the floor spaces so she can go flee the other kittten and a last suggestion would be to play more with the older kitten if you can exhaust him he will have less energy to spend on Lilly
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
about playing with Tiger more, I will try but I really doubt that he can be exhausted, he plays like there's no tomorrow lol
I think the hiding spots for Lilly is a wonderful Idea, It'd be a bit hard to find cardboard box that she can go inside it but Tiger cannot. But I will try.

Hopefully there are other suggestions ...

Letta

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even if Tiger also can enter, it gives her only one direction he can come from and hence it's probably easier for her to deal with. For playing with him try Da Bird, and Cat chaser try to imitate a prey it will him go after it, if you can make him run and jump it will help him calm down for a while