My New Kids!

jomac400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course I went about it all wrong. After losing Simon and Suzie Q in 2016, I decided that 'now' was the time to do a full gut renovation of my apartment, which was way overdue. But missing S&S, I did what I was always advised not to: I started looking at Petfinder, knowing I couldn't adopt until the renovation was done. I knew that I wanted a bonded pair. They're usually harder to get adopted, I wanted 2 cats and if they were bonded, moving into a new home together might not be as stressful.

That didn't stop me. Kept checking out all the bonded pairs. I occasionally clicked on a single cat if something appealed to me, but knew it was a bonded pair for me. The renovation hadn't even started when I clicked on a single cat that had the greatest little face. Started reading the bio and it said, Osorio and his sister Tookie, a bonded pair.... They were on Petfinders quite a while and I couldn't understand it as they were adorable.

I had an angel sitting on one shoulder saying, oh I hope they get adopted, they deserve it. However the little devil on the other shoulder said, oh good they haven't been adopted yet, hopefully they'll be around when I can adopt.

But in early July (the reno didn't start until the end of July) I contacted the shelter and asked if there was anyway I could adopt them but not take them right away and that I'd pay for all their care for the 3 months I expected the reno to last. Got a reply that they'd never had a request like that. But the next day I received an email from their foster mom and she asked if I'd like to meet them. Well, yeah...

So I went to meet them and fell in love with them. Their foster mom and I hit it off and after much talking, playing with them, etc., she told me she now knew why no one had adopted them; they were waiting for me. And bless her heart, she agreed to hold them until the reno was done.

So Tookie and Osorio came to stay on November 11. Foster mom missed them before she even brought them to me, but as we'd gotten to be friends, she knew she could come and visit anytime.

They hid in one of the closets for about 2 days, but came out quickly and settled in quickly. Foster mom was very happy with the beds, cat tree, etc., that I'd gotten for them and with the fact they had such a good home (her words, not mine). So meet Osorio and Tookie.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Beautiful kitties. And beautiful story. :catrub: