My nervous cat peed on my bed with me

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My persian Allie was always a nervous cat since i got her as a kitten, shes 5 now... She once peed on the same bed i speak of now when I took her in my bed on a rainy day and put the covers over her makin a giant cave...Well she peed on me, she was probably about one or two at the time

Just now I took her on the bed as many times before and was petting my nervous Allie, next thing i know she smelling and smelling me, I was like wth...Then I noticed I was wet and my matress with waterproof covers was all wet...

My cat, she always runs from me despite the fact that I have to clean her eyes lots of times a day, and she dont like being carried etc...

Whats up with her behavior.....She has been going crazy with the flea med hyperesthesia stuff I been saying in my other post but today she been fairly good...

Sigh, im thinkin she got anxious for gods knows why and peed even though i was just loving on her

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
One of the things you always need to consider with random peeing is a UTI, especially if cats are doing it on soft things.
Because you also have the vomiting issue, I think a vet trip would be a good idea.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat will often randomly pee in obvious areas (bed, my clothes, on me) when she has crystals or a uti. They should do a urine test at the vet's (it's very quick) and find out.

I also have a multipet household and found out that she has litterbox anxiety. I made her a little calm room with her own litterbox and that's helped a lot!

Cats peeing everywhere is not pleasent for anyone involved!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would first check if she's holding her pee for too long and if she does, why - maybe a problem with the litterbox? Then check if you pet her bladder area. It's possible to make a cat pee by pushing the bladder area from outside, that's how those with a cat who can't move their legs do to get them pee. The chances are you don't push hard for normal circumstances but if she's been holding it, maybe some just got leaked and it wasn't an intentional peeing.

Note even if there is an issue like this, she might still ALSO have UTI so it might be better to take in for some tests or at least give the vet a call to check when it prompts a visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes using the litterbox, I think it was a nervous, anxious pee cause shes retarded..No idea why shes always been nervous...She eats royal canin vet food which has the so/index

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes using the litterbox, I think it was a nervous, anxious pee cause shes retarded..No idea why shes always been nervous...She eats royal canin vet food which has the so/index

For my odd/nervous cat, I set her up a room with a litterbox in it and placed a feliway plug in and its helped her a lot!! I really didn't want to have her on calming medication but this seemed to do the trick for her :)