My name is Symba

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was a stray found on the street. I am happy in my new home. Here are a few pictures of me enjoying it. I think my daddy was a Bengal and Mommy was a Siamese. My new owner will love me no matter what I am. I love to jump at things on the wall. I like to climb the screen door to look at the birds. I had to add extra screens to the doors because of this, going to actually build new ones with wire mesh to prevent escapes :). He is going to be an inside cat as we have lost two cats to pythons last year.

screns

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Symba, welcome to TCS :wavey:
You are such a lovely cat. Yes, your new owner will definitely love you!
Thank you puddykat for saving Symba off the streets and giving him a loving home :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tabby Tom. This is quite the cat. Very vocal and extremely active. As you can see he likes to climb the screen door to get to look at the birds in the trees on the golf course. I have since found out that this place was a bird sanctuary many years ago. Yesterday his dish was full of ants so I just poured some water int he dish and poured it into the toilet. He was right there standing on the rim looking at me saying "Why did you put my food in there?". He even tried to put his paw in the water. That is why I think he has some Bengal in him, follows me into the bathroom all the time. The adventure continues.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yea, he's an active kitten. At his age he's full of energy.
Symba has got no link to the Bengal. He's a DSH Broken Mackerel Striped (Lilac/Lavender) Tabby. A diluted black series.
He is a smart kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea, he's an active kitten. At his age he's full of energy.
Symba has got no link to the Bengal. He's a DSH Broken Mackerel Striped (Lilac/Lavender) Tabby. A diluted black series.
He is a smart kitty!
Thanks Tabby Tom for the clarification. Wonder why he has the fascination of water? goes into the bathroom and just stands on the toilet seat, waiting for me to chase him. I have left to door open to see if he was potty trained but no he just goes to his litter box. I thought tabby was any domestic cat that has a coat featuring distinctive stripes, dots, lines or swirling patterns, usually together with a mark resembling an 'M' on its forehead. I have owned many cats but only since I retired do I have the time to research more an more about cats. I had a cheetah experience when I was younger, there was a man who bought his pet cheetah to the schools educating children about wild animals, he had 3200 of them on his game farm and when he passed away no one was interested in doing the work so it closed. I have also been face to face with a captive tiger. Something you can't express with words. So you could say I am a cat person in more ways than one.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks Tabby Tom for the clarification. Wonder why he has the fascination of water? goes into the bathroom and just stands on the toilet seat, waiting for me to chase him. I have left to door open to see if he was potty trained but no he just goes to his litter box. I thought tabby was any domestic cat that has a coat featuring distinctive stripes, dots, lines or swirling patterns, usually together with a mark resembling an 'M' on its forehead. I have owned many cats but only since I retired do I have the time to research more an more about cats. I had a cheetah experience when I was younger, there was a man who bought his pet cheetah to the schools educating children about wild animals, he had 3200 of them on his game farm and when he passed away no one was interested in doing the work so it closed. I have also been face to face with a captive tiger. Something you can't express with words. So you could say I am a cat person in more ways than one.
You are welcomed. Symba is proably fascinated with the sound of water flowing. My boy is also fascinated by that. Everytime he hears water flowing in the bathroom, he'll go to the floor trap.
Tabby is not a breed. It's just refers to the color pattern are on any type of domestic cats. Most Tabbies have belly markings and the 'M' on the forehead. Some other breeds also have the 'M' on their forehead too.
So you have been around big and small cats, wild and tamed. You are a cat person :lol3: