My Mini

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice!

Does it feel small inside? DH and I had an Echo that. I used to say was a tall persons little car. In some cars we test drove DH was too tall so he was driving looking out the very top of the window. :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Oooo. Love it, mightyboosh mightyboosh ! They really are fun to drive. Are you gonna name it?

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , my husband has a basic Mini (not a fancy Mini S Countryman like this one :redheartpump: ), but I was just saying the other day how roomy it feels. And when we moved to Oregon from Colorado five years ago during a blizzard, Bertie (that’s his name) was a champ on the snowy roads. They’re surprisingly heavy for their size.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooo. Love it, mightyboosh mightyboosh ! They really are fun to drive. Are you gonna name it?

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , my husband has a basic Mini (not a fancy Mini S Countryman like this one :redheartpump: ), but I was just saying the other day how roomy it feels. And when we moved to Oregon from Colorado five years ago during a blizzard, Bertie (that’s his name) was a champ on the snowy roads. They’re surprisingly heavy for their size.
DH and I did a road trip with another couple in a PT Cruiser once. Basically everyone in their family is “big & tall” except the guys wife; but she was 6 months pregnant at the time. She and I slept in the back fine. We wouldn’t have been comfortable at all in my Neon. :lol:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love Minis. When we were shopping for our last car, we had a white Mini convertible with a red leather interior all picked out. At the last minute, hubby measured it and found it was too wide for our garage. What a disappointment! Would you believe it was wider than the Passat we bought instead?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
congratulationss.gif

Love it! :clap: I drove a Mini two door hatchback for ten years. When it started getting rattly, I sold it and got a Mini Countryman. Been driving it for three years and love it.

IMG_0472.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband loves Minis!

I think we discussed this before, since I rarely hear about Echos, but my son had one and loved it. He is 5'11, so not real issues with the height.
I think we did. DH is 6’2” with his height in his torso. That Echo still had life in it when we traded it in and it was 12 years old. Super good gas mileage too! I don’t remember what ones he tried that were too short when we got rid of my neon in 2005. Maybe the Camry? I don’t think anyone local sells the minis for him to have tried that.

We’ve gone bigger since having kids and towing kayaks around. That’s what made me wonder how these are size wise inside now. I’ve got a while before my kids are grown and I love my Subaru; but someday one of us will probably want something smaller and gas efficient again. Our cars are decent; but nothing beat that Echo. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it feel small inside?
They're bigger than they look but having said that, I'm a shorty at 5' 8" so all cars are big enough for me.

Are you gonna name it?
Maybe. It's got to start with M. I'm open for suggestions.

I sold it and got a Mini Countryman. Been driving it for three years and love it.
Aw, I want a blue one now, it's lovely. I did contemplate that very colour scheme as it happens, it was 50/50 with me. In fact mine is black with gazillions of sparkly bits of blue embedded in it. It depends on the lighting conditions so when it's sunny you can see the blue sparkly bits better. When it's cloudy or twilight, it looks black or navy blue almost. That's why it's called Enigmatic black.