My male cat doesn't know how to mate and mount correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My problem is I have two cats which are constantly trying to mate when the female is in heat, but failing terribly.

Whenever they go at it, the male cat will try to mount the female, but end up being off target. Usually starting off just above the tail, and instead of adjusting by going backwards to the desired destination, he ends up humping n gyrating furiously towards her head. There are times when he is literally humping her ear. The female cat doesn't quite help either as she sometimes ends up on her side when he starts to attack her back or side. 

It is painful n frustrating to watch, as they both cant relieve there sexual frustrations and end up just howling n chasing around each other without really getting anywhere.

Both the cats are indoor cats, the male cat being 5 years old and the female 2. This is the only female the male cat has interacted with. 

Any advice would be appreciated, especially by these two frisky felines. 

Thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats go by instinct, they do not have 'sexual frustrations'. Intercourse fro the female is painful, so not very pleasant, and the male must grip her by the back of teh neck. If the female does not get pregnant, she will repeatedly cycle until she does. The male will spray to mark his territory and is usually not a pleasant indoor companion if he is a tom. It would be for the best and would make them both MUCH more happy if they were both neutered, then none of this would happen at all. Not to mention finding homes for countless kittens, my female was having three litters a year! All the luck!

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow bad idea to have to cats of the opposite sex who have not been spayed/neutered in one house go get your boy neutered asap! Until then keep your girl in a separate room or your going to have a litter on your hands.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You really need to get your cats spayed and neutered as soon as possible. One pair of cats can easily produce up to 18 kittens in a year. Kittens can reproduce from the age of 6 months or younger. They will mate with their mother, father and siblings. You will have a house full of inbred cats before you know it.

Please take a look at these articles and keep your cats apart until they've both been fixed.

[article="22304"]Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats​[/article]  

[article="30217"]Spaying And Neutering What To Ask Before The Surgery​[/article]  

[article="30218"]Spaying And Neutering What To Look For After Surgery​[/article]  

[article="0"]Kittens To Good Homes​[/article]  

Last edited:

catpower321

The owner of PB & Jello
Young Cat
Purraise
Look if anyone reads this help me out, I have the same problem as this forum and also a matter of the male cat being smaller than the female so his penis cant reach the vagina plz helppppppp

gcat3000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please get your cats spayed and neutered. There is no reason for any of this. There are kittens in shelters about to die because there aren't enough homes.

catpower321 said:
Look if anyone reads this help me out, I have the same problem as this forum and also a matter of the male cat being smaller than the female so his penis cant reach the vagina plz helppppppp

Why aren't you fixing your animals?

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Since these members have not been back or responded, we will lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.