My Little Severus Is With Ellie Now In Heaven.

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me and my boyfriend have a cat we named Lili. Lili really wanted a playmate because she is so friendly to other cats. Our neighbours cat had kittens, we took one three or four days ago and I named him Severus. He was still very small, he kept cuddling to me, I took him to bed with me, he loved burrowing under my blankets. And he was playful too! Such small kittens are fascinated by everything. But then, suddenly, 3 or 2 days ago he stopped eating and pooping, he looked very depressed. The very same day he started vomiting. My bf took him to the vet and he said he has worms. We immediately started giving him medication and olive oil. The evening before his death he was getting worse extremely quickly. By 5 PM he was fighting, he wanted to poop but it hurt him every time. A race for his life started then. I started forcefeeding him and giving him water because he stopped even drinking water by himself. By midnight he was just laying on the floor, with open eyes and a blank stare, breathing heavily. By 2 AM I forcefed him for the last time - he did not even swallow anymore. In my heart I knew that the next time I was gonna check on him he would be dead, and I was right. We buried him in the garden next to our first kitten Ellie, she was hit by a car. Poor Severus did not have such smooth and painless death :(. I wish I would have put him down sooner, to end his suffering, but I really wanted him to live! The sight of him - a blank stare and weak head, that will haunt me for a very long time. My neighbour is saying that other kittens died too suddenly and the mother is not feeling well... they called their vet who said that the mother must have fed them poisoned rats from the neighbourhood. I am so glad I am keeping Lili inside, nothing good has ever happened to cats that were kept outside here.
19495947_1629635730441716_465111736_o.jpg
And this is him, 2 days before his death. He was already feeling bad when I took this picture. I am so sorry you did not get to enjoy life for a very long time. RIP, we love you :redheartpump:.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart. My heart goes out to you, sometimes bad things happen through no fault of your own. You tried to do everything you could, sometimes it is just not meant to be. With the whole family being sick and most dieing, It could be distemper, I have lost many through this horrible disease. Make sure your Lili is up to date on her vaccinations, most older cats have been exposed and have built up an immunity.
That sweet little boy received your love and care on the last days of his short little life, it is all he ever wanted. Thank you for trying to save him and giving him comfort and care. He will will have a special spot in your heart, he left you a little legacy of love to pass on to another who so desperately needs someone like you. I pray he is at peace now, I know he appreciated all you did for him. RIP precious little Severus, you will never be forgotten and will be missed by those who loved you. You are now united with your brothers and sisters, may you frolic and play like kittens are meant to do. Sleep tight, little Prince!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Severus a lot of love and care in the short time he was with you. His passing was not your fault. Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. You were there to comfort him and love him and he does not blame you for what happened. The passing of his littermates is proof that something was already wrong when he got to you. You gave him a home with lots of love. That is what he took with him when he crossed the bridge. Those bad memories will fade with time. Hold onto the good times you had with him. All the cuddles and snuggles and purrs. That's what he'd want. He would not want you to torment yourself about his passing. He'd thank you for all the love you gave him and tell you that he see you again one day when the time is right.

Please be kind to yourself. This was not your fault. :hugs:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
The little guy is doing just fine now, no more pain and suffering, but I know that you wanted him to live with you for a long time, but sometimes it just isn't meant to be. There were two of Sabrina's kittens who died when they were outside years ago before we took them in, and we suspect they either got into antifreeze or someone poisoned them, otherwise we would probably have them inside with Sabrina and her surviving two kittens. It is very sad, but for some reason bad, sad things like this and worse can happen, but you helped him the best that you could, but he is not in pain now.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Severus, dream you deep. You were someone's baby cat, and you are remembered.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. He did know your love, if only for a few days and he knew he wasn't alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Felinediablox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a tiny beautiful angel. Unfortunately some kittens have a short book of life and in several cases they only know sufference through their short life.
I had a kitten who left too soon, Leo, you can see his name in my signature.
I found him when he was 5 weeks old, he spent 4 weeks at the vet, then he came home with me and was able to know cuddles and love for only 8 days... How playful and lively he was, and how happy he was when he would see me, despite his desperate conditions. Then, on an evening he got up to greet me, tried to run to me but after a very few steps he fell on a side... his time had come.
Heaven must be a wonderful place indeed, with all those kittens that left us too early.
RIP Severus.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences to both grieving households, your neighbor's and yours, from the people to the grieving mama kitty and your own Lilli. I hope that you find Lilli her little playmate soon and I pray for the safety of the felines in your neighborhood :vibes::vibes: