My little girl Poo Poo

Jerry M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost my little cat yesterday, on Sunday.
I inadvertently locked my girl in my dryer.
When I found her she was crying in pain and obviously in great danger.
I rushed her to emergency but they could not save her.
I am so devastated and full of guilt and grief.
People will say, she is just a cat, what the hell, but she was my friend and a beloved member of my family.
I will get over this eventually, but it is going to take a while.
I just want to go back in a time machine to yesterday morning and save her....but we know that is always impossible.
My father as an old man told me, looking at his old tom cat, "You know these little fellows have just as much right to
to be on this earth as we do." I am old now and my wife has passed and my son is living his life, but I understand what
my old man meant. Let me tell you, that little cat will be oh so missed by this old man. I hope the Good Lord has a spot in his
heart for little cats.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my little cat yesterday, on Sunday.
I inadvertently locked my girl in my dryer.
When I found her she was crying in pain and obviously in great danger.
I rushed her to emergency but they could not save her.
I am so devastated and full of guilt and grief.
People will say, she is just a cat, what the hell, but she was my friend and a beloved member of my family.
I will get over this eventually, but it is going to take a while.
I just want to go back in a time machine to yesterday morning and save her....but we know that is always impossible.
My father as an old man told me, looking at his old tom cat, "You know these little fellows have just as much right to
to be on this earth as we do." I am old now and my wife has passed and my son is living his life, but I understand what
my old man meant. Let me tell you, that little cat will be oh so missed by this old man. I hope the Good Lord has a spot in his
heart for little cats.
My heartfelt condolences for your loss! I believe, as many do, that of COURSE cats are every bit as valued as humans and that we will surely meet our feline loved ones again in due time. They are better and more innocent than any human (including kids) could ever hope to be. Surely your sweet girl is beyond pain, at rest, and in Perfect Love, in a place so wonderful we cannot even begin to imagine it. And you WILL be reunited. Without a doubt.
I am so sorry that this happened. My laundry room is very small and I never, ever, leave the machines' doors open unattended. Always better safe than sorry. I have roommates and I always supervise her doing the laundry. ALWAYS.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no! My deepest condolences to you. Accidents happen, and I am sure your beautiful girl forgives you and will be waiting for you when your time comes as well. I'm so sorry that this is something you are going through and please know my prayers are with you right now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Poo Poo, dream you deep. You walk in your human's heart forever.

I am so very sorry. And I know how you must blame yourself, but...Poo Poo would not blame you, nor would she want you to blame you. We are but human, and once you knew, you did your very, VERY best for her. She knew that, and she knows that still. And from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you for every moment of your love and care, and she sends her love, now translated and purified into Love, back to you, to walk with you down through all your days until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry this happened....I. too, am responsible for my Chrissy's death and I know how life-altering this can be. It is something you never get over, you learn to live with it. Try to keep in mind, you have to intend to do something to be guilty in causing it. You had absolutely no intention of causing harm to your little girl, it was a tragic accident.
The bond of love you formed with that little girl is something you will have forever. Love is spiritual, so eternal. Of course, she wasn't just a cat, she was YOUR cat, YOUR love, that is why others do not understand what you are going through until they experience this themselves. Love is a unique private experience. You will feel so alone because no one else CAN feel what you are feeling.
There is no easy way to bring peace to your heart. Time is the only thing that dulls the sharp edges of grief. Give yourself plenty of time and try to concentrate on the time you got to spend with her, dwelling on the horrible end only brings heartache and pain. Just get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. Keep busy and do something that makes you feel better about yourself. I donated to my local shelter to save a cat, and I did it in my beloved's name. Take it one day at a time......
One day you can share her love with another little one. Poo Poo's love has its own, private place in your heart. She would like nothing better than to see you happy again, to love again. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. She is at peace because she carries your love with her.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, I know how much heartache this can bring. I am here to tell you that it WILL get better, though it doesn't seem possible right now. Your soul is shattered. Your mind will go over what happened again and again. Try to keep your mind busy. Immerse yourself in caring for another little one, or go and do something that will require you to feel again. Poo Poo's love is secure in your heart. Nothing can replace or alter it. It can only be enhanced by more love. She forgives you because she knows you never meant for it to happen. She knows you are suffering now because of it, and does not want that for someone she loves so much. She wants for you to be happy you gave her a home and happy times she can carry with her. She IS at peace.
RIP dear Poo Poo. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, I'm so very sorry. It's very hard to lose a beloved pet in such a tragic way. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, sweet girl. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jerry M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no! My deepest condolences to you. Accidents happen, and I am sure your beautiful girl forgives you and will be waiting for you when your time comes as well. I'm so sorry that this is something you are going through and please know my prayers are with you right now.
Thank you

Jerry M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so very sorry this happened....I. too, am responsible for my Chrissy's death and I know how life-altering this can be. It is something you never get over, you learn to live with it. Try to keep in mind, you have to intend to do something to be guilty in causing it. You had absolutely no intention of causing harm to your little girl, it was a tragic accident.
The bond of love you formed with that little girl is something you will have forever. Love is spiritual, so eternal. Of course, she wasn't just a cat, she was YOUR cat, YOUR love, that is why others do not understand what you are going through until they experience this themselves. Love is a unique private experience. You will feel so alone because no one else CAN feel what you are feeling.
There is no easy way to bring peace to your heart. Time is the only thing that dulls the sharp edges of grief. Give yourself plenty of time and try to concentrate on the time you got to spend with her, dwelling on the horrible end only brings heartache and pain. Just get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. Keep busy and do something that makes you feel better about yourself. I donated to my local shelter to save a cat, and I did it in my beloved's name. Take it one day at a time......
One day you can share her love with another little one. Poo Poo's love has its own, private place in your heart. She would like nothing better than to see you happy again, to love again. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. She is at peace because she carries your love with her.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, I know how much heartache this can bring. I am here to tell you that it WILL get better, though it doesn't seem possible right now. Your soul is shattered. Your mind will go over what happened again and again. Try to keep your mind busy. Immerse yourself in caring for another little one, or go and do something that will require you to feel again. Poo Poo's love is secure in your heart. Nothing can replace or alter it. It can only be enhanced by more love. She forgives you because she knows you never meant for it to happen. She knows you are suffering now because of it, and does not want that for someone she loves so much. She wants for you to be happy you gave her a home and happy times she can carry with her. She IS at peace.
RIP dear Poo Poo. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.
you are very kind, thank you, it is like losing a child

Jerry M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very kind of you; I posted this loss because I needed to relate this to folks just like you. I thank you so much. It really is like losing a child. Thank you again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love is love, the heart does not know the difference between human and cat. My Chrissy's death was almost more than I could handle and was definitely the most painful one to date. Guilt and all the what-ifs will drive you crazy if you let it. But teh past is set in stone and nothing will change it. You learn to live in the present for a long time. Her love was so special and connected to my soul. It took me years to find peace, but life has a way of going on somehow, the sun still rises over the horizon each morning. My world stopped for a while......

Jerry M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Love is love, the heart does not know the difference between human and cat. My Chrissy's death was almost more than I could handle and was definitely the most painful one to date. Guilt and all the what-ifs will drive you crazy if you let it. But teh past is set in stone and nothing will change it. You learn to live in the present for a long time. Her love was so special and connected to my soul. It took me years to find peace, but life has a way of going on somehow, the sun still rises over the horizon each morning. My world stopped for a while......
I am where you were. That little one of mine represents, in my mind, so many loved ones I and others have lost. And all the pain and suffering so many of them have endured, why is that necessary? Time is the only thing that will rid me of this disillusionment.