My LITTLE Bovine Buddy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. He is a almost 3 year old Red Angus/Jersey half cross steer. Though I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a dog. He follows you around wanting his ears scratched. And if you stop scratching/petting him he will follow you and head butt you gently until you start again.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol as big as he is he's pretty gentle about it. He doesn't want to hurt me just remind me of what he wants me to be doing.

Its hard when you get attached to a steer. When they get big enough they hafta go to market. Its better to get attached to the heifers. We keep them for a loooooong time. This year at calving season I'm going to try to imprint on a heifer calf.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, actually he is! Our bulls get MUCH bigger. We had one show bull the took up an entire stock trailer! He was like a big dog too though. Show bulls get handled so much that they're usually pretty laid back. He was a champion and had offspring world wide!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have friends whose kids were in 4H and I couldn't believe what went into showing the calves! Painted hooves, shampooing...it was very competitive.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol. Yes it is!!! My kids will be in 4H when they're old enough. But it teaches them all about the beef industry. But its not just that. Here they also teach cooking and public speaking and first aid... and tons of other stuff. Its really great for the kids. My stepson is almost old enough to start now but my daughter is only 17 months. But she's been in the barn since she was born. She loves the animals!