My little baby passed today

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, very sad post. She wasn't even 2 years old and she died today, started this morning. Usual symptoms of no eating, no drinking and not really moving. Took her to the emergency vets and her breathing was awful and she wet herself. Got a call at 1:15pm to say her lungs had collapsed and she'd gone really suddenly. The vet was completely perplexed as usually this sorta thing would involve a cat breathing in toxic fumes, but there just wasn't anything around that I can think of that would have caused that sort of problem. We have no spray air fresheners, no indoor plants, no bottles of bleach of whatever hanging about, we don't smoke. Luna did have a habit of eating things she should not have, for example you could pop down a cloth for 5 seconds and when you turn back around she'd be there trying to chew it up and eat it, but we safeguarded the house as best as we could. They checked our other cat over to make sure her lungs and stuff were all working fine, and the assessments came back healthy.

She was such a happy cat our little Luna , with so much personality. I can honestly say this is the first true heart break I have ever felt, me and my partner are completely broken.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is terrible, I am so sorry that you had to experience this. Why these things happen is beyond me, they just do I guess but it is just terrible.

She may only have been with you for a short time but I am sure that she had a wonderful life with you, and when you meet again it will be wonderful.

"It is better to have had a good, short life than a long bad one...."

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you lovelies for your replies, it is incredibly touching to hear from people who know and understand the pain. I am really struggling right now, and my poor partner is trying to hold it all together but I can see he is struggling as well. I have never felt pain like this from loss, and I have experienced a lot of loss in my life. It's absolutely unbearable.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never enough time no matter what age they are. My heart goes out to you and your partner. We lost a boy at 2 years old it's heartbreaking to loose them so young. You made her life happy and filled with love remember that. RIP little Luna:rbheart:

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
It hurts because there was unconditional love in both directions. Humans don't always have that with each other, but with animals, no matter what they do, no matter how naughty they were, we love them wholly. And they love us back, no matter how many seconds we were late in getting their food ready, no matter how many times we payed attention to our work and not them, and even when they just meow meow meow and we couldn't understand them.
But you were loved. She was loved. Unconditionally. Never forget that. ❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain of losing a loved one can leave a huge, empty hole in your life and your soul. It will consume you if you let it, and it takes a long time to come to terms with it. You never get over a loss, you learn to find ways of coping. We are here to offer empathy, to let your grieving heart know there IS a light over the horizon, though everything seems hopeless right now. We will let you know that it DOES get better in time, time is the only thing that really helps.
First of all, don't let Luna's death become more important than her life. Dwelling and focusing on her end will only bring greater heartache and more guilt and despair, which ALWAYS accompanies grief. It is near impossible, I know, but try to focus on the good that little girl brought to your life, it is so very much more important to your heart. Meeting and loving that little girl brought you joy in your life and her own. To have never met her at all would have been a huge loss to your life, to have never known her love an even greater loss to your soul. Love is spiritual, so eternal. That love can never be replaced or forgot, it resides within you and will join any other loves you bring to build even bigger, be even more special. She showed you what love can be, not something to hurt and destroy, but to bring happiness and great joy. She is at peace, she has your love safely tucked into her heart.
To be remembered and loved after death is a great honor. When my Chrissy died, I went to my local shelter and paid for, sponsored, the adoption of the cat that had been there the longest. In that way, I used her memory to save another little one's life. I did it in her name. It helps you to feel better about yourself, to bring some kind of light into the darkness. A small donation of food and toys would be excellent too. Force yourself to go through life's routines. Give your other little one attention and offer comfort, cats do not display a lot of emotion, but they miss their companions deeply too. Now is the time to grieve, but not to let it rule your life. The bond you all have with Luna will never be broken, she will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Though she now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. She will have many now thinking of her, offering their prayers and comfort. We are one big family in our love for our little ones. Let us help you through this time of misery by offering words of comfort, and encouraging you to continue to send your love and appreciation to that precious little girl. For now, just breathe. Get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. One day at a time......RIP sweet Luna. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pain of losing a loved one can leave a huge, empty hole in your life and your soul. It will consume you if you let it, and it takes a long time to come to terms with it. You never get over a loss, you learn to find ways of coping. We are here to offer empathy, to let your grieving heart know there IS a light over the horizon, though everything seems hopeless right now. We will let you know that it DOES get better in time, time is the only thing that really helps.
First of all, don't let Luna's death become more important than her life. Dwelling and focusing on her end will only bring greater heartache and more guilt and despair, which ALWAYS accompanies grief. It is near impossible, I know, but try to focus on the good that little girl brought to your life, it is so very much more important to your heart. Meeting and loving that little girl brought you joy in your life and her own. To have never met her at all would have been a huge loss to your life, to have never known her love an even greater loss to your soul. Love is spiritual, so eternal. That love can never be replaced or forgot, it resides within you and will join any other loves you bring to build even bigger, be even more special. She showed you what love can be, not something to hurt and destroy, but to bring happiness and great joy. She is at peace, she has your love safely tucked into her heart.
To be remembered and loved after death is a great honor. When my Chrissy died, I went to my local shelter and paid for, sponsored, the adoption of the cat that had been there the longest. In that way, I used her memory to save another little one's life. I did it in her name. It helps you to feel better about yourself, to bring some kind of light into the darkness. A small donation of food and toys would be excellent too. Force yourself to go through life's routines. Give your other little one attention and offer comfort, cats do not display a lot of emotion, but they miss their companions deeply too. Now is the time to grieve, but not to let it rule your life. The bond you all have with Luna will never be broken, she will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Though she now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. She will have many now thinking of her, offering their prayers and comfort. We are one big family in our love for our little ones. Let us help you through this time of misery by offering words of comfort, and encouraging you to continue to send your love and appreciation to that precious little girl. For now, just breathe. Get through the next minute, the next hour, the next day. One day at a time......RIP sweet Luna. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
What a beautiful comment, I really felt that. Thank you for the advice and insight on how to help overcome this pain. I know it'll get better with time, me and my partner are now just going through the motions and crying when we need to do it. I don't handle pain well, due to anxiety. Usually when things like this happen out of no where it is instinct to me to just remove everything that would remind me of who I have lost, act as if it never happened. I know this time I cannot, and I have to deal with it head on. It is so unbearable, but comments like yours really give me hope, so thank you again ❤

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It hurts because there was unconditional love in both directions. Humans don't always have that with each other, but with animals, no matter what they do, no matter how naughty they were, we love them wholly. And they love us back, no matter how many seconds we were late in getting their food ready, no matter how many times we payed attention to our work and not them, and even when they just meow meow meow and we couldn't understand them.
But you were loved. She was loved. Unconditionally. Never forget that. ❤
Breaking the routine is the hardest part right now. Due to Luna's desire to run around like a bull in a China shop lol there was so much we had to do everyday to make sure everywhere was safe for her. When we went to bed we'd make sure there was nothing around she'd eat that she shouldn't. Last night I forgot for just a second and put my covid mask away because she would attack and bite off the string if she ever got hold of one. When I realised that I would never again have to hide a mask it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

I'm sorry to be so depressing, but thank you for listening. I've never lost a pet before, and nothing could have prepared me for how much it hurt. I lost my grandfather when I was younger, and it hurt, but this is just beyond anything I've ever felt. Through every heartache I've felt, this one is just so devastating x

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have a way of bonding with your heart, it takes your breath away sometimes it hurts so much....Yeah, the routines we get into are VERY hard to change. EVERYTHING is a reminder of our pain. I was so shattered looking at Chrissy's stuff I packed everything in a box and stored it, her blankets, her water bowl which was especially hers, her collar, her toys she especially liked. I also put in teh condolences I receive from family, and a letter wrote up by my husband, saying he was writing on Chrissy's behalf and describing what we meant to each other and how much she was spoiled and loved by me. It still brings me to tears 7 years later. I couldn't bear to look at them for about 5 years, but now they are one of my most treasured momento.....

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Breaking the routine is the hardest part right now. Due to Luna's desire to run around like a bull in a China shop lol there was so much we had to do everyday to make sure everywhere was safe for her. When we went to bed we'd make sure there was nothing around she'd eat that she shouldn't. Last night I forgot for just a second and put my covid mask away because she would attack and bite off the string if she ever got hold of one. When I realised that I would never again have to hide a mask it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

I'm sorry to be so depressing, but thank you for listening. I've never lost a pet before, and nothing could have prepared me for how much it hurt. I lost my grandfather when I was younger, and it hurt, but this is just beyond anything I've ever felt. Through every heartache I've felt, this one is just so devastating x
We understand, we truly do. You have nothing to be sorry for. Feel your feelings, acknowledge them. Know that you feel this way because Luna was so amazing.
We're always here for you, day or night 💕

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please let me say seeing this has drawn tears in my eyes. I'm so devastated when any kitty passes but this young and of unknown cause makes this unbearable! Never EVER need you apologize for how bad you feel! I'd be upset if I was -- more upset than you. If you belive in God or a Higher Power just know only the GOOD die young. :(

Luna must have been very extra special and God "allowed" you to "borrow her love" for a short time to teach us all about love! Then it was His time to take her back where never again will she suffer. We all here are leftbehind to suffer but we find our hearts in times as these, and THIS is the message WE are sent. Animals love unconditionally and WITHOUT malice and THIS too needs to be taught to us over and over and still ppl do NOT GET IT!

Please know she is Happy and Playing with ALL the other kitties, gone too soon, at Rainbow Bridge and you will see her again in the Afterlife GUARANTEED! She will see you, breakaway from her new found friends and come running to you and jump into your arms as she missed YOU -- as MUCH if not MORE -- than you missed HER!:)

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Luna, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

So soon, too soon...but where there is love, an eternity together would not be long enough. This is what I know, to the depths of my being...that love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Luna's love for you is now translated and purified into Love, and remains with you. Because Love abides, always forever, Love abides. In the fullness of time, that Love will guide you back to her in That Place Where All Things Are Known. And what a joyous reunion that will be! Until then, her Love is near.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope in time you will be able to think of her with more of happy tears. She has now earned her wings, and is watching over you.

Until you meet again.

Sending my hugs and prayers for you to overcome this grief soon.

BubzaLuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone who commented recently, the love and care you guys share here is so beautiful.

Today is horrid. I dont feel like I can cry anymore, but I just feel sick to my stomach and so depressed. My motivation is at zero and I don't want to get out of bed. So many emotions going through my head. Guilt, sadness, anger. Such horrific pain. I miss her more everyday, and because she was like my little shadow there's just no escaping this feeling of missing her being around. She would sit with me when I cooked, when I went to the toilet, brushing my teeth, sorting the washing. She was everywhere and I can't escape anywhere for even a second just to try and not think about everything. This should never have happened and it's like my brain cant process what's happened.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can't, don't even try......it takes time to process all this, and right now the horror and grief are too big to handle. What you are feeling is very normal. Time and routine is the only thing that helps. You will get to a place that you can handle eventually, the pain can't be tolerated forever. Deep grief is a heavy weight upon the soul. Right now, just concentrate on breathing, breath in, breathe out. It means you are still alive and life seeks happiness and love. One day that aching hole in your heart will realize that your little one is at peace, and will always be near. You will concentrate on the good in your life that came from the relationship and not make the death the most important thing. Be gentle on yourself and know you are NOT alone.....