My Little Angel is Gone

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
This kitten that I tried to save passed away late Thursday afternoon. I was there when he breathed his last breath. From the day I first saw him, I knew he would not survive outdoors because he was so timid, so I kept him in the apartment. In the apartment he remained a quiet kitten, not like the typical ones that run here and there or bounce up and down with unlimited energy.

He was meant to be an angel all along. My only consolation from this grief is that he did not die alone in the street. At least he felt a human's love, a human's touch. In his very short life, I did love him.

This photo was taken Thursday morning before I left for work. I don't know why a sudden gloom washed over me so I played with my other cats which normally I had no time to do before work, and carried this kitty in my arms while I sang him songs. I did not know this was his last photo.

Run free, my little one. I purposely did not give you a name because somehow I knew you wouldn't stay with me for long as I was already looking for a new home for you. But I regretted it. You are my angel. So, goodbye Angel. That is your name, and that is how I will remember you. You have earned your wings. 💔

BCDA8BE6-78FD-4BD7-A0C9-C2083FE2B167.jpeg

This was him on his first few days in the apartment:
879E3D3D-EEDB-40F8-B427-51EBE9AD72FD.jpeg

601D5D25-BE87-4AAB-A095-307D4912EC73.jpeg

I am emotionally tired. This is my 3rd post in this thread for this year and I feel I've had enough.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Angel, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What our little Angel knew of hearth, home and love, he knew because of you. He lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in your love, for however short a time he had. And he knew himself rich beyond belief. And you were with him at the end, comforting him, and guiding his little paws through the Gate between this Adventure and his Next Great Adventure. Now, from his new Forever Home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days, and he whispers to Those Who Listen, "Take care of her...her soul is golden."

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to catch up to you and posted on the other thread. Angel is exactly what I was thinking as well. My dear friend, I cannot express the sadness that hit me when I read of the passing of Angel. I had spoken of this baby just hours before and that I must get back on site to post to you. I could not have helped Angel and now I can only offer my greatest gratitude, deepest thanks and sympathy that you did the hardest thing, especially now, and you were there for Angel. If you had not been, Angel would never have known any comfort on this earth, your loving touch, soft bed and all the things you gave. You gave when it was the most difficult thing to do and when there was no thought of you own benefit, you knew it would be so hard but you made the sacrifices anyway. Although this is probably no comfort during loss, you are my hero and Angels hero. My heart is with you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The grief of losing someone you love is always equal to that love. Sometimes a little Angel comes down from heaven and shows us what living really is. Not physical health or strength, but the strength that comes from having a pure and perfect soul......
I know the numbing pain that comes from losing one so innocent, so deserving of having a family to love them and to love them back. Your little Angel had all that, you made it possible for that sweet baby to know the comfort and love of a family, to know a gentle touch, to not be hungry and cold, and now to have someone left behind to mourn and remember them, in short you gave him his everything.
To be remembered after death is a great honor. So many will never know that joy. It is so hard for us to let them go, but go they must, they are called to a higher voice that we all must answer one day. It is said that animals do not fear death, they live until they die, no matter how short or how long that life shall be. they live as we all should, fully, immersing themselves in every single minute, of every single hour. One day at a time......Take care, I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers......RIP precious Angel. You were an Angel here on earth, you have taken your spot in the heavens now. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The first picture of him curled up on the quilt says it all. He never knew that life even existed except for your kindness to him. I am so sorry for your loss; you made his short life safe and comfortable, which is all you could do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to catch up to you and posted on the other thread. Angel is exactly what I was thinking as well.
In the other thread I mistakenly put my other cat's name (Butter) in my confusion, shock and grief. Thanks a lot my friend. This morning I saw Angel's littermate and had the urge to pick him up and bring him home, but I hesitated. The grief is overwhelming that as I was feeding my colony outside tears are flowing down my cheeks and keep asking myself if everything is still worth it.

He never knew that life even existed except for your kindness to him. I am so sorry for your loss; you made his short life safe and comfortable, which is all you could do.
I blame myself for not being able to send him immediately for a vet check after I took him in. You see, I am having financial hardships recently due to my unsteady job abroad, so I was waiting for my paycheck like the usual to schedule him for his first vet check. But failed. I was too late.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just feel I should tell you that you did not fail him. You saved him in spite of his life being short. When I knew the symptoms I was writing because I felt the mother cat already knew. They do. Mom cat sent that baby to you to be sheltered and that is exactly what you did. When you took Angel out to the mother and she hissed, that was her way of sending Angel off and away from the others. Angel could not compete out there and needed you to be sustained until the time came. Angel was placed in your care to be safe and comforted until the last. We do all we can but sometimes it is not to prolong life but instead to make whatever days are there, good ones. That is not failure. It was success. No matter what vet had seen this kitty, I do not think Angel would have gotten well. Perhaps it would have just been frightening and instead, Angel had beautiful and peaceful time in the one place that could do this. You kept and loved and showed what peace and contentment were. You gave Angel wings from home and love to show the way to freedom. You have never failed. Never.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how emotionally hard this year must have been for you.
Your little Angel got his wings soon, but he accomplished his mission to bring you some love, because he returned you so much, he knew you did a lot for him.
He was so beautiful, and now he's a shining star up there.
He will be playing with my Leo, the tiny little kitten that I rescued 8 years ago, and he got his wings ten days later.

RIP Angel, your stay was short, but you will be remembered forever.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No matter what vet had seen this kitty, I do not think Angel would have gotten well. Perhaps it would have just been frightening and instead, Angel had a beautiful and peaceful time in the one place that could do this.
I was going to say the same thing 💞🌹💞

RIP baby boy. Your life was short but a bit of it was very sweet, thanks to a very giving, loving and compassionate human being :redheartpump::rbheart::redheartpump:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This kitten that I tried to save passed away late Thursday afternoon. I was there when he breathed his last breath. From the day I first saw him, I knew he would not survive outdoors because he was so timid, so I kept him in the apartment. In the apartment he remained a quiet kitten, not like the typical ones that run here and there or bounce up and down with unlimited energy.

He was meant to be an angel all along. My only consolation from this grief is that he did not die alone in the street. At least he felt a human's love, a human's touch. In his very short life, I did love him.

This photo was taken Thursday morning before I left for work. I don't know why a sudden gloom washed over me so I played with my other cats which normally I had no time to do before work, and carried this kitty in my arms while I sang him songs. I did not know this was his last photo.

Run free, my little one. I purposely did not give you a name because somehow I knew you wouldn't stay with me for long as I was already looking for a new home for you. But I regretted it. You are my angel. So, goodbye Angel. That is your name, and that is how I will remember you. You have earned your wings. 💔

View attachment 437163

This was him on his first few days in the apartment:
View attachment 437164

View attachment 437165

I am emotionally tired. This is my 3rd post in this thread for this year and I feel I've had enough.
Run free sweet Angel and watch over your mom 💓🌈🐾🐈

you were there for him and he knew that he was loved and cared for. We can’t save them all and it’s very painful but try to remember that he was not alone in this time of need. And you provided that love for him. Thank you so much for loving this beautiful, sweet little angel. ❤🤗

91F5A00A-D6BC-40CA-9C72-9A2A350151FA.jpeg

kef33890

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my baby recently too. I'm very sorry for your loss. You will see him again in a better place!

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am deeply sorry for your Loss. I know your pain. Your beautiful Angel felt comfort and warmth from you In his short life. My love and hugs to you during this difficult time.