My last word on the ultimate food & cat litter (to date)

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted in the forum lately due to the fact that I've been busy reconfiguring my system. I just finished today and thought I would share some information with you.
Ever since I've had my Ragdoll Snowman he has had intermittent stomach problems which usually manifested as a loose stool. In a longhair it isn't a pretty sight and even with proper grooming, it's a mess. I was feeding quality stuff (Eukanuba chicken and rice) but the problem would crop up now and again. I decided to do some research and went looking for a food that was all natural-no additives, no preservatives-NOTHING! I found several but the one that kept getting the best reviews was a brand called Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. It has no additives and they preserve with an additional amount of vitamins E and C-something the cat needs anyway. When you buy a bag of this stuff it's literally nothing but fresh meat and vegetables. You will probably have to do a little digging to source it but it is worth the effort. That was a month ago and Snowman is free of his "episodes". My Birman Lighty Liu loves it as well and both of them are doing nicely on it. It costs about the same as a comparably sized bag of Eukanuba but is so nutrient dense that it lasts a few days longer even feeding two cats. I highly recommend this food.
Elsewhere in the forum I expressed my concerns regarding the Tidy Cat Crystals (or any silica based brand) and their effects on the cat's respiratory system. I was casting about for a new litter that would work as well as the original formulation of the World's Best Cat Litter and be all natural. The original formulation interacted with my Birman's urine and created the devil of a stink. Well, I'm happy to say I found it....it's World's Best Cat Litter for Multiple Cats! I don't know if they treat it differently or what but it cleans up great, there is no odour, and it lasts a long time. This one can be found in your local Petsmart.
I hope this post helps someone else out there who may be having a similar struggle. Reply in the thread if it does. Bye for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, how do you start a new paragraph using this vb code in the forum? The [p] ISN'T working! For that matter, I don't even see it listed on the page of available commands and the indent option isn't quite the same thing.

cfriend81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mjl1297

I haven't posted in the forum lately due to the fact that I've been busy reconfiguring my system. I just finished today and thought I would share some information with you.
Ever since I've had my Ragdoll Snowman he has had intermittent stomach problems which usually manifested as a loose stool. In a longhair it isn't a pretty sight and even with proper grooming, it's a mess. I was feeding quality stuff (Eukanuba chicken and rice) but the problem would crop up now and again. I decided to do some research and went looking for a food that was all natural-no additives, no preservatives-NOTHING! I found several but the one that kept getting the best reviews was a brand called Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. It has no additives and they preserve with an additional amount of vitamins E and C-something the cat needs anyway. When you buy a bag of this stuff it's literally nothing but fresh meat and vegetables. You will probably have to do a little digging to source it but it is worth the effort. That was a month ago and Snowman is free of his "episodes". My Birman Lighty Liu loves it as well and both of them are doing nicely on it. It costs about the same as a comparably sized bag of Eukanuba but is so nutrient dense that it lasts a few days longer even feeding two cats. I highly recommend this food.
Elsewhere in the forum I expressed my concerns regarding the Tidy Cat Crystals (or any silica based brand) and their effects on the cat's respiratory system. I was casting about for a new litter that would work as well as the original formulation of the World's Best Cat Litter and be all natural. The original formulation interacted with my Birman's urine and created the devil of a stink. Well, I'm happy to say I found it....it's World's Best Cat Litter for Multiple Cats! I don't know if they treat it differently or what but it cleans up great, there is no odour, and it lasts a long time. This one can be found in your local Petsmart.
I hope this post helps someone else out there who may be having a similar struggle. Reply in the thread if it does. Bye for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, how do you start a new paragraph using this vb code in the forum? The [p] ISN'T working! For that matter, I don't even see it listed on the page of available commands and the indent option isn't quite the same thing.
I was feeding my cat Chicken Soup but he has runny stools. Are you having any problems like that??

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I fed my cats Chicken Soup and they also had runny (and extra smelly) stools.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chicken Soup stopped the runny stool problem for my Ragdoll. So far I'm more than pleased with this food.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep chicken soup stopped the runny stool problem completely and there is less mess in the litterbox. Also my cats seem to be full quicker and they don't eat quite as much. This is the best food in my opinion too although some cats I am sure will react differently.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have been using World's Best Cat litter since November 2003. I agree that it's an awesome product.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

My cats have been using World's Best Cat litter since November 2003. I agree that it's an awesome product.
I am using corn and wheat mix aka chn scratch simliar to worlds best but alot cheaper... amazingly the kids love it..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
as for food.. chn soup is good my older one wasnt thrilled neither the dog but some do very well...