My Last Goodbye

Seattlefem51

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When someone is ill time stands still. My beloved Harry was put to sleep on Monday night. He never got well. Throwing up green bile, living in the closet and no longer drinking water I wanted to do the compassionate right thing. I called around several vets in a desperate attempt to find a vet that could do it at home. I didn’t find anyone. I called crying to a local vet she agreed. She examined Harry said I could chose either route more fluids or putting him to sleep. She said the sheer fact he lost so much weight so fast it was ominous. I said goodbye to my love surrounded by family. Harry my sweet boy is no longer suffering. It’s different around in my house. I’m blessed to have had this angel in my for almost 10 years. It came as a surprise his illness. I have to keep telling myself he was a beautiful piece of my life. I miss you so much my sweet boy. Fur angels are so special. I shall never forget you. I love you Harry.

Attachments

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*HUGS* I am so sorry about Harry. Beautiful boy.

I'm so glad that you were able to have him pass at home with everyone and in familiar surroundings. Bless that Vet. I wish more would do that.

Be kind to yourself right now and know you did the best for him. He knew he was loved.

XOXOXOX

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too, am happy that your beloved Harry died at home surrounded by those who love him. The bond of love you two shared is spiritual, so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies"......
You could never let that sweet boy suffer, you found the strength through your love to let him go. He now follows a new path, but will always be tied to your soul. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him thoughts of love and comfort, not of pain and tears. The ten years he shared your life's journey will bring you many thoughts of comfort and joy, use them when you miss him and he will be near. He lives on through you now, to have his legacy of love grow and be shared with others.
My heart goes out to you, I know how empty your life seems right now, but time will take the edge off of your pain. But it takes a lot of time, one day at a time. Take care and know we cry with you for teh loss of such a sweet boy.....RIP dear Harry. You will never be firgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet the one you love again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Harry, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is the Deepest Truth that I know, that love never dies, it only changes form, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever Love abides. Although you will miss his sweet physical form desperately, the best part of him, his Love for you is with you still. Always, forever. Because Love abides.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so much like when we lost Simon May 2014, also a tuxedo who was throwing up green bile because he had stomach cancer, and he had a white bandage on his leg like Harry's green one so let's just say this story made me stop, look up and take a deep breath, so many similarities. But Harry was very sick, as was Simon, and to see him throw that up one morning was heart wrenching, but they are both fine now and Angels and still very much with us both.

Everytime I see of a tuxedo who passed I go and grab Sylvester, my tuxedo boy, but it'll have to wait until I get home, but my heart is with you right now. You did the right albeit hardest thing but it is never easy. Holy Basil helps with the stress and homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara deals with grief, shock and sadness, perhaps they can be of help to you as they were to me years ago.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ten years in a two way love affair...Harry left his tracks all over your heart, as you did his. His time is finished on this old earth, and now he belongs to the angles. Don't you just know they are so very happy to have him there with them!

Rest easy Harry. Your pain is in the past now because your human was brave enough, caring enough, and kind enough to make one of the most difficult we humans can be called on to make. Not all humans can be counted on to make such a quick decision to do the right thing.

To say that I am sorry for your loss really doesn't seem to express the sorrow that I feel for you during this heart breaking time, however it is the best I can do... and I assure you, it comes from the heart!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:( i am so sorry, but it is true harry is in the arms of the angels in heaven, feeling warm, comfortable, being loved and cared for and is playing in the feilds in a beautiful place with all the animals in the world who have passed on from this earth, and there will be a day when you will meet harry when its your time and he will be waiting for you. RIP little harry