Breed of my kittens

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are very cute pictures! They look like they will probably be shorthairs, but with very young kittens it can be difficult to know for sure. I see three kittens in the pictures, and I would describe them as follows:
  • red classic tabby domestic shorthair
  • brown mackerel tabby (or torbie) domestic shorthair
  • brown classic tabby (or torbie) domestic shorthair
What does the mother look like? Is she red (orange / ginger), or is she tortoiseshell or torbie (tabby tortie)? If she's red (orange / ginger), then the two darker kittens are females, and they will be torbies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those are very cute pictures! They look like they will probably be shorthairs, but with very young kittens it can be difficult to know for sure. I see three kittens in the pictures, and I would describe them as follows:
  • red classic tabby domestic shorthair
  • brown mackerel tabby (or torbie) domestic shorthair
  • brown classic tabby (or torbie) domestic shorthair
What does the mother look like? Is she red (orange / ginger), or is she tortoiseshell or torbie (tabby tortie)? If she's red (orange / ginger), then the two darker kittens are females, and they will be torbies.
This’s mommy

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, the mom is red... so those kittens are almost certainly females, and they are torbies (also known as patched tabbies, tortie tabbies, or tabby torties :) ). It may not be obvious now, but as they grow up and their coats develop, they will have red tabby patches mixed with their brown tabby patches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, the mom is red... so those kittens are almost certainly females, and they are torbies (also known as patched tabbies, tortie tabbies, or tabby torties :) ). It may not be obvious now, but as they grow up and their coats develop, they will have red tabby patches mixed with their brown tabby patches.
Thank u so much! I really appreciate it

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic short hairs cuties, and be sure to get mom spayed asap as she will be going into heat soon. :)