my kitten swallowed the rubber tip of the bottle what do i do

taniaa_25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
today i got a kitten he seems to be weeks old and i found him in the streets so i picked him up and i had bought formula and he was eating good until i took the bottle out and the tip of it was missing and i don’t know what to do because i can’t take him to a vet since my parents don’t like my cat and i’m the only one responsible and i tried to make him vomit but nothing is working he seems fine but i’m extremely concerned

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He should pass it in his poop. Are you needing to stimulate him with a wet washcloth to make him poop, or is he old enough to go in a litter box? As long as he is acting normal, everything should be OK. What are you feeding him? goat's milk (at Walmart) is a good food for young kittens, as is KMR, kitten replacement milk. Is he old enough to eat wet food? Can you give us a picture to estimate how old he is for his care? Just check his poop for the next few days to see if you can find it, there is also the chance his stomach may dissolve it. Please try not to worry so much, just watch him and if he starts acting sleepy, starts hiding and quits eating, then he should go to a vet. Please keep in touch. You posted very early in the morning, so later many more should come on to help!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your little one still OK? It will really just be a waiting game now. Keep posting an update at times to bring your post back up to the top! all the luck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is not uncommon in kittens who are teething. The nipple tip will pass, though you may or may not see it. It should not pose a problem. However, it is now time to stop bottle feeding and to begin feeding your kitten wet food and dry kitten food. Your kitten should be able to lap her formula milk from a dish.

Please call around and find a low-cost spay clinic so that your kitten can be spayed soon so she never mates or breeds. She will live longer and healthier.