My kitten Spot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know, she does have an incredible ruff around her neck and she is getting more long haired all the time. She is one years old in July. She has quite big paws and bigger legs in comparison to my ginger cat. Her mother was similar but with longer legs. Her father was unknown!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t see any evidence of MC in her conformation, though she’s gorgeous, regardless :> Mixes and “part x breed”aren’t really a thing in cats. Unlike dogs, only around 2% of cats will be pedigree, and little more have any significant breed ancestry, as designer breeds aren’t really popular in cats, as compared to dogs. As such, most cats are just cats, though that doesn’t make them any less special. BYBs will either breed non-pedigree cats they claim to be a breed, or irresponsibly breed pedigree animals, as there’s generally not much money in purposefully creating feline crossbreeds.

It’s common to see some basic features in random-bred DLHs, especially in those of USA origin, as MCs were developed from New England’s landrace of cats. Thick ruffs, furnishings, lynx tips, and fluffy paws are common features in longhairs, in general, especially in random bred cats of colder climates :>

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As big as she is, and with that gorgeous tail and bigger bone structure, she could have some Maine Coon in her ancestral background. She is gorgeous!

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm I might guess some Ragdoll if she is larger than average.
I think people underestimate how many pedigree cats have entered the regular gene pool. Ragdolls are popular at the moment and I see more Ragdoll in her features than Maine Coon.
But long haired cats in the west have a common origin of cats from what is now Turkey, Iran and nearby areas.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is Spot now. She is 16 months old and massive, with big fluffy paws 🐾
She is beautiful 😻. She reminds me a bit of my Sybil who was a forest cat nfc mix/ profile pic. Your girl reminds me more of a ta or rd looks like kitty 😁

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What's a ta or Rd 😃

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes of course!!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the breed codes are actually TUA and RAG, easy to get confused when the information is incorrect :)

Spot is lovely but doesn’t resemble either breed.
I wasnt using “ breed codes” so the information is not incorrect, lol. I was using my own abbreviation for turkish angora t a and ragdoll ra so I didn't have to type out the whole names.

Bowling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is spot this morning, obsessed with something behind the curtains 🐱😃

Attachments