Purraise
Spot sat on the warm radiator
20210430_072201.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know, she does have an incredible ruff around her neck and she is getting more long haired all the time. She is one years old in July. She has quite big paws and bigger legs in comparison to my ginger cat. Her mother was similar but with longer legs. Her father was unknown!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t see any evidence of MC in her conformation, though she’s gorgeous, regardless :> Mixes and “part x breed”aren’t really a thing in cats. Unlike dogs, only around 2% of cats will be pedigree, and little more have any significant breed ancestry, as designer breeds aren’t really popular in cats, as compared to dogs. As such, most cats are just cats, though that doesn’t make them any less special. BYBs will either breed non-pedigree cats they claim to be a breed, or irresponsibly breed pedigree animals, as there’s generally not much money in purposefully creating feline crossbreeds.

It’s common to see some basic features in random-bred DLHs, especially in those of USA origin, as MCs were developed from New England’s landrace of cats. Thick ruffs, furnishings, lynx tips, and fluffy paws are common features in longhairs, in general, especially in random bred cats of colder climates :>