My kitten only stops hiding when im in the room

parranoidmoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 10 weeks old and it is her first few days having the whole house, so she hides in the couch. The house is noisy and she gets scared from anything and everything. If i leave, she hides. My family members think that if we ignore it long enough she will be so hungry shes come out but this is like starving her and im refusing to do that. I put her in the safe room (my bedroom) for the first two weeks and she wouldnt leave the rook but other than that she was happy healthy and very cuddly. But so far im not sure if its better to leave her downstairs to explore on her own or bring her back up for the night? I give her a treat right after she feels scared from a sound so that she understands its not scary, is there anything more i can do?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She is still a baby. I would keep her your bedroom where she feels safe and make sure she has food, water and her litterbox there. If she will only eat while you are present then wait nearby while she eats. If she enjoys being held then try holding her and taking her for short walks to other rooms but keep her in the bedroom with the door shut until she seems relaxed and I afraid. Then you can start leaving the door open for short periods so she can explore if she wants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parranoidmoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is still a baby. I would keep her your bedroom where she feels safe and make sure she has food, water and her litterbox there. If she will only eat while you are present then wait nearby while she eats. If she enjoys being held then try holding her and taking her for short walks to other rooms but keep her in the bedroom with the door shut until she seems relaxed and I afraid. Then you can start leaving the door open for short periods so she can explore if she wants.
Do you have a suggestion for what age to let her out specially at night? She ventured out and has now become obsessed with the basement, and at night I put her in my room to sleep but she goes to the basement by morning. considering she is 3 months old, wouldn't it be a bad idea to have her sleep alone?