My kitten never gains weight even though she eats well

HeyMax

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, I have a BSH. She is 10 months old and only weighs 2.6 KG (see below). I've tried all the cat food on the market with her, but she never gains any weight since she comes to our home in February even though she eats normally.

My other cat weighs 6.6 KG so it's making me kinda worried about her. She is very active and energetic and the vet says that she is healthy as well. Please share your tips on helping her gain some weight! Thank you. :-)

1597388434874.png

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has the vet said she is underweight. Let her eat as much as she wants, kittens usually have huge appetites. She is gorgeous.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
H HeyMax , Is your other cat also a BSH, and is it her littermate? Male or female? And am I reading correctly that she has not gained one single kg since she was four months old?!? What are you feeding her, may i ask. I know you said you have tried all the foods on the market, but are you feeding her Kitten or All Stages Food? These are the ones that are preferable for kittens.

I also have to ask, as V verna davies did, has your Vet said she is underweight? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. Some female BSH's are small, and this breed does take longer to reach maturity. She is quite adorable, BTW :loveeyes: