My Kitten Look Like Maine Coon

James&Misty2019

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi My kitten Misty is listed as gray and white domestic longhair by the humane society I adopt her from....But does she look part Maine coon

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to say no, I don't think she looks much like a Maine Coon. How old is she? It can be hard to tell with young kittens, but she may turn out to be a shorthair when she grows out of the kitten fuzzies.

The muzzle may develop to look more like a Maine Coon as she grows, but you'll just have to wait and see for that.

Do you have any pictures that show her whole body and tail?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No she really doesn't resemble one at all. She is adorable though! Most cats in the world are just domestic short or long hair and no specific breed or breed mix.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
With the new pictures I think she looks even less like a Maine Coon. The head and body type are not there. Also, a 12 week Maine Coon kitten will usually be considerably larger than your kitten.

It's a good thing I don't know where you live. I might just have to kidnap her. :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been doing a lot of research on Maine Coons for a long time, and finally am about to welcome a purebred kitten into our home in a few weeks. So, I'm confident in saying that your wee one is very sweet but absolutely is not a Maine Coon.

She is a domestic gray and white but I doubt she's a long hair - more like medium hair. I see no tufts between her toes but she does have some small ear tufts. It's hard to tell with kittens being they are naturally fluffy I like her muzzle - it's very prominent and gives her a kind of comical appearance. She's adorable!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Just for comparison, this is a Maine Coon kitten a little older than yours. This is not my cat. He belongs to a friend who is a Maine Coon breeder.
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.48.27 PM.png

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is adorable. Enjoy your many many years with your baby.